I turned AutoRestore on without backing up files first – I'm locked out

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro I turned AutoRestore on without backing up files first – I'm locked out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lynn Thomas

How can I get back into the admin panel? I shouldn’t have done it, but I turned autorestore back on after reading through some of the documentation, and being so impressed with what it does. I didn’t do it correctly because I cannot log into the site now. I went into FTP and deleted the htaccess file for the admin folder, thinking that would work, but it didn’t. I don’t want to do any more damage.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The .htaccess files are part of B-Core security and do not have anything to do with AutoRestore/Quarantine.  What exactly happened?  Thanks.

Lynn Thomas

I think I found the answer to my question here. http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/404-error-no-access-to-my-website/ What happened is…I turned on autorestore/quarantine, and immediately got a white screen, and couldn’t log back in because I couldn’t see anything. But I went to the website, and could see everything fine. From the front of the website, I could see the dashboard so I knew I was logged in, just couldn’t get into the back end. Before I try to do this (and possibly do damage), it appears as if I have to also delete the htaccess file from the root folder and then I’ll be able to get back in. Is that correct? The problem is – with auto restore quarantine on, it’s going to restore and replace all the files I try to change, so I feel like I’m in a quandry. I need to turn autorestore/quarantine back off.
    Nope, didn’t work, I tried deleting the htaccess file from the root and from the admin folder, but still can’t get into the admin panel.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The .htaccess files are completely separate / a different security feature then AutoRestore/Quarantine.  What I need for you to do is download your AutoRestore/Quarantine log file from here – /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/autorestore_log.txt and send it to me so that I can see exactly what happened.  Send the log file to edward at ait-pro dot com.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is a very old forum topic:
    Important Note: If you have BPS Pro 12.8 or higher versions of BPS Pro installed click this link for quickier and easier steps to fix quarantined files problems: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/website-not-loading-after-wordpress-upgrade-or-theme-upgrade-500-error-files-quarantined/. BPS Pro 12.8+ versions automatically deactivate/turn ARQ Off when the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder is renamed instead of having to use the BPS Pro XTF Form Tools to deactivate/turn ARQ Off.

Resolved:

Cause of Problem:  

The AutoRestore Backup Files buttons were not clicked before turning AutoRestore back On after upgrading to WordPress 3.5.  This caused all the new WordPress files to be Quarantined.

Solution:

FTP’d to website and renamed the /plugins/bulletproof-security folder to /bulletproof-security-hold to disable AutoRestore.

Uploaded new WordPress 3.5 Core files via FTP – Root, wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes folders and files.

Logged into WordPress Dashboard and installed the Adminer plugin – the Adminer plugin is a phpMyAdmin plugin that allows you to access your WordPress database from within your WordPress Dashboard.  Used the Adminer plugin to delete the AutoRestore database option from the database to prevent AutoRestore from being enabled once the BulletProof Security Pro plugin is activated again.

Deactivated and deleted the Adminer plugin.

FTP’d to website and renamed the /plugins/bulletproof-security-hold back to /bulletproof-security

Activated the BulletProof Security Pro plugin.

Went to AutoRestore and clicked all 4 Backup Files buttons and turned AutoRestore back On.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.