PHP files downloaded instead of processed or executed

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP files downloaded instead of processed or executed

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kara
    Participant

I have tried to install BulletProof Pro twice.  After each installation, I get this error:

Firefox can’t find the file at http://www.rvwbsa.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/wizard.php.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
    Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

When I try to go to to either my site or the administrative panel, I get a message asking to save the following file: application/x-httpd-php (5.9 KB)

Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If PHP files are being downloaded instead of being processed or executed then that means you need to add PHP handler htaccess code in this BPS Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE.  Your web host is:  IX Web Host.  I checked the IX Web hosting website and did not find any information on what the php handler htaccess code is for IX web hosting so you will need to contact IX web hosting and ask for your php handler htaccess code from them.  Once you have your IX web hosting php handler htaccess code then you will need to manually edit your BPS root htaccess file using either FTP or your web host control panel file manager and add that php handler htaccess code at the very top of your root htaccess file.  Or if you have a PHP configuration tool in your IX web hosting control then you probably add the PHP handler code in your root htaccess file by using the tools and resaving your PHP configuration settings.  Not really sure how IX web hosting does things these days so it would probably be best to contact your hosting support for help with this.

Related Link|Similar or Exact Problem:  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18422140/apache-is-downloading-php-files-instead-of-displaying-them

Examples of PHP Handler htaccess code for various different web hosts:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/pre-installation-wizard-checks-phpphp-ini-handler-htaccess-code-check/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh and manually editing the root htaccess file is just to get the PHP file download problem solved/to stop so that you can then do these BPS Custom Code steps to add your PHP handler to BPS Custom Code and save it permanently.

1. Copy your PHP/php.ini handler .htaccess code from your root .htaccess file to this BPS Pro Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Kara
    Participant

Nothing appeared in the Security Logs to demonstrate a conflict.  I also only have plugins for theme and a calendar.

The website starting asking to download a file instead of loading when I attempted to do this process:
    Activate wp-admin Folder BulletProof Mode
    I then have to delete Bulletproof Pro files and FTP in WordPress again.

Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, that is correct because this type of issue/problem is not a conflict of any kind.  Your PHP server uses PHP handler htaccess code to tell your website what to do with PHP files.  Or in other words, if your server requires a PHP handler and it is no longer in the root htaccess file then your PHP server will no longer process your PHP website files and they will be downloaded (prompted to save) instead of being processed/run/executed.  So the simplest thing to do would be to send a link to this forum topic to your IX host support person so that the IX web host support person can immediately see/know what needs to be done to fix this.  You will then need to do the BPS Custom Code steps in order to make this fix permanent forever.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.