You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/admin.php on this server

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/admin.php on this server

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ebisu
    Participant

installation failed. With video following step by step, after performing the tasks at Lock/Autolock and seeing the cgi as instructed, save : from then couldn’t finish nor even access my site or do anything else. 403 Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/admin.php on this server.
    Stuck ??

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When and where exactly did the problem occur?  What setup step were you doing?  Are you saying that as soon as you tried to lock your root htaccess file the problem occurred?  Which web host do you have?

Ebisu
    Participant

was following along on the video step by step, and after completing the step. BPS Pro F-Lock notification, click here link, then saw cgi as instructed save options button pushed and that was it locked out

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Some web hosts do not allow you to lock your root .htaccess file.  Which web host do you have?  FTP to your website and change the file permissions for your root .htaccess file to 644 permissions.  Then go to B-Core >>> Edit/Upload/Download tab page and click on the Turn Off AutoLock button.  Please post your web host’s name.

Ebisu
    Participant

I am using iPage as host.  iPage. Thank you. I will work on the fix you suggested.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

iPage and iPower are the same Hosting company and iPower does not allow you to lock your root .htaccess file so iPage will not allow you to do this either since this is the same Host.  I will add iPage to the list of Hosts that do not allow you to lock your root .htaccess file.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#root-htaccess-file-lock

Ebisu
    Participant

O.K., thank you.   Now what is my next step to regain my access so I can turn toggle the lock off?  Do you still want me to try to change the permissions ?

Ebisu
    Participant

the reason I am asking is that I don’t know how to do that and was reading about how to do it on the wordpress codex site, so just trying to confirm the next step

thank you

Ebisu
    Participant

I have been contacted by BulletProof Security Pro Support AIT-pro and, wonderful service. AIT-pro jumped right in and fixed what needed fixing, quickly, polite, so rare, this kind of really good enthusiastic and efficient service.

Thank you.

Bill
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Good Morning,

If you goto http://www.sasonline.us you will see a You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/admin.php on this server error. This is an ipage server, I found a thread http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/cant-log-in-to-wordpress-and-when-i-go-to-site-403-shows-up-for-both/ tried that suggestion to get back into the site and still can not access the site. Unfortunately I was changing settings in F Lock and this is when I received the error. I went into cPanel removed the .htaccess file uploaded the default .htaccess file and still can not get into the site. I renamed the plugin to bulletproof-security1 and still no luck. Anything else I can do to get the site back up? Thanks for your prompt response as always!!!!!!

Bill

Bill
    Participant

Please close this thread. website has returned to service

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.