Installing BPS Pro in a WPEngine staging area and then porting

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Installing BPS Pro in a WPEngine staging area and then porting

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alx
    Participant

I am not sure if I am wording it correctly for your forum, but I have a client on WP Engine and I want to install in the staging area and test out anything that might go awry.  She has a number of things that connect externally, as well as some code in there that I would prefer to get rid of that links to trip advisor.

Is this possible to do with BP-Pro?  install it on a staging area and then port it over, or do I have to get two separate keys and do it twice?

Thanks!  Not something I want to experiment with – if you already know the answer.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, you can create a development site and then migrate it after it is built/completed.  You will need to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key once you have migrated the site.  See this forum topic for pre-migration prep steps > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/#post-20407

Alx
    Participant

So, next question.  If I install in test/staging and just figure out what needs to be done and where it is going to hose, then I can just install in production and be ready.

But.
    The next time I copy to the staging area – will it fuss at me as I develop?  And be okay when I copy back to live?

Um. didn’t ask that. Want to know if I can continue to develop on my development site with the BPS-Pro activated as the production site.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro Activation Keys are the entire website URL encrypted.  Each unique website URL will have a unique BPS Pro Activation Key.  The Keys are independent of each other each Key will only work on 1 site. ie there is only 1 unique Activation Key for each unique website URL.  So basically BPS Pro Activation Keys are just a standard procedural request thing that only take a minute or two to do on each website. There is no limitation on the number of Activation Keys you can request.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.