MCE Table Buttons plugin WYSIWYG editor not working

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro MCE Table Buttons plugin WYSIWYG editor not working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hello,

After installing and setting BPS the plugin below wil not function. I can’t put text in the WYSIWYG editor window and the buttons for table editing are not showing.

What is wrong??

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What is the exact name of the plugin?  Please post a link to the plugin.

To determine if BPS Pro is actually causing or to isolate the problem do troubleshooting steps 1, 2 and 3 in the link below.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

If the problem is still occurring then do troubleshooting steps 4 and 5.

If the problem is still occurring at this point then this issue/problem is not being caused by BPS Pro.

Harrie
    Participant

MCE Table Buttons Add buttons for table editing to the WordPress WYSIWYG editor with this light weight plug-in.

Versie: 2.0 | Door http: //10up.com Jake Goldman, 10up, Oomph | http: //10up.com/plugins-modules/wordpress-mce-table-buttons/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I see they have a free version in the WordPress Plugin Repository.  I will download, install and test it now.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This plugin has been tested and no issues or problems were found.

Are you clicking the Show/Hide Kitchen Sink button to display all of your WYSIWYG toolbars and buttons?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Reply copied from Activity Stream:

The problem is gone when I deactivate BPS Pro, on BPS free the problem was not there.
    I don’t see any button the text window is completely blank, and also the cursor is gone.

So I can make only messages in the ’text’ tab.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok create a temporary WordPress Admin login account and send the login information to:  edward at ait-pro dot com.  I will login and figure out what is wrong.  The plugin worked fine on my testing site.  Thanks.

Harrie
    Participant

Admin

naam: [removed]

password see email.

Harrie
    Participant

loginnaam: [removed]

naam: [removed]

password see email.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I am unable to login.  I see a message that the account is locked by Wordfence.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Plugin Firewall was blocking some scripts in this plugin.  Added these plugin script whitelist rules below and the toolbar is working correctly, but the button images are not displaying.  I completely deactivated all security features in BPS Pro and the button images still did not display so this is another issue with something else on your website.  I will look around and see if this is a known issue with this plugin.

/mce-table-buttons/(.*).js, /mce-table-buttons/table/(.*).htm

I got the same problem, editor is blank, so cant post links etc.. can you help me out on this?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Go to the BPS Security Log page and post the Security Log entry that is related to your editor.  Are you using a WYSIWYG editor plugin?  Does your Theme come with a WYSIWYG editor?  If so, post the name of the plugin or theme.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Logged in and worked with the website owner to resolve the issues:  The issue/problem with the WYSIWYG editor was a DSO Ownership / permissions issue with certain files/folders.  The wp-admin .htaccess file was not writable/creatable, which was directly causing the WYSIWYG editor problem.  There were additional file permission changes that needed to be done for the Plugin Firewall.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.