Missing visual editor in pages

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Missing visual editor in pages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kristy
    Participant

I have been working for the past week to speed up our website.  I added W3TCache and Optimize DB.  After I thought everything was finally working correctly, I went to make a change on an existing page of the website, and I could only view/edit the text editor…and the theme options were no longer showing.   Is this a permission that could have been messed up while I tried to get my website back to speed?

PS  I also added your Speed Boost caching code, and the htaccess file has the W3T  error check custom code before the Speed Boost code.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Which editor are you referring to?  The default WordPress Post and Page TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor or some other editor that comes with a theme or plugin?

To eliminate or confirm that BPS is causing the problem and/or to isolate which BPS security feature is causing the problem do the troubleshooting in the link below and post the results of troubleshooting.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

rafaelmagic
    Participant

That is more likely an Object Cache problem, its your settings with W3 Total Cache. Turn off Object Cache or mess with the settings. Clear ALL caches.

Do you have another Object Cache such as APC?

You got to mess with the plugin, look at tutorials. Speed test it per your environment.

W3 Total Cache also has a Browser Cache area, some of the code added to .htaccess by the plugin might be the same or similar to “Speed Boost Cache Code”. Its a false positive.

Not sure what the overlap of code might do or if affect performance or causes header issues. You have to play with it and analyze it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.