Network Activating BPS (multisite)

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Network Activating BPS (multisite)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christian
    Participant

I updated BPS yesterday and saw a notification at the top of the screen that BPS can now be network activated now. I’m instructed to get further details on the “what’s new” tab, but nothing under that tab says anything about this.

Is is safe to simply click “network activate”? Or do I need to make any changes at all? Is network activating optional? I want the entire network protected. Any insight is much appreciated1

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There are differences between BPS free and BPS Pro as far as additional features go, but in regards to Network/Multisite “network activation” everything is the same.  Yes, of course this is completely optional.  See the links below for more info.

BulletProof Security Network/Multisite Help info:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#network-multisite

BulletProof Security Pro Network/Multisite Help info:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/network-multisite-read-me-first/

Christian
    Participant

Thank you! I read the first link, as I’m using the free version. I will have to look into the pro version. Honestly didn’t know you had that until today. I love the plugin 🙂

Since I’ve upgraded, is network activation necessary in order to protect subsites? If I’m understanding this properly, that sounds right. I’m just making sure. Before, I’ve just had the plugin activated on the primary site and that’s all. Now if I want to protect subsites, I should network activate the plugin. Correct?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, one of the best kept secrets on the Web. ha ha ha.  That is actually intentional at this point (our single API Server is reaching max capacity already – need to create several fallback API Servers to handle the expected additional load, etc).  Also we are getting very near to completing our final goals for BPS Pro and will then focus on getting some exposure.

The entire Network/Multisite site is already protected by the primary BPS Core features that affect and protect the site, sitewide.  The main differences with Network Activating BPS are that individual subsites can now add Login Security for each subsite independently and can put the subsites in Maintenance Mode independently (the Primary site has ultimate control and can put all sites into Maintenance Mode).  BPS Pro additionally comes with JTC Anti-Spam / Anti-Hacker for subsites, which allows independent usage on subsites.

I just noticed that the Network/Multisite help info for BPS needs to be updated (has been updated to include MMode help info) to include the new Maintenance Mode help info.

Christian
    Participant

Thanks so much for the clarification!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.