No BPS Pro Activation Key – Wordfence blocks Activation Key Request

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro No BPS Pro Activation Key – Wordfence blocks Activation Key Request

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, the last version release of BackWPup was very bad and that is putting it nicely.  I installed the latest upgrade on a testing site and it blew the testing website up.  had to restore it from backup.  I always test plugin upgrades on testing sites for exactly this reason.  😉  Personally I think BackWPup is the best backup plugin so you can always download the last version from the plugins page on the WordPress.org site if the current version is fubar.

Sorry about the wife thing.  Well if your website is up so that can login then I will take care of the BPS Pro installation and setup.  But yeah if you site is trashed from the BackWPup upgrade then you should just restore it from a backup.  You better take your wife out for a late night treat or she may murder you in your sleep.  ha ha ha.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also personally if I had Wordfence installed then I would deactivate it before trying to install or uninstall any plugins. Wordfence uses an extremely high amount of Server Resources and memory so you would not want Wordfence activated during critical things like installing or uninstalling plugins because you could run out of memory and the installation or deinstallation would fail in a very bad way.  😉

Krzysztof
    Participant

I was thinking about the path to php.ini file – maybe I could just ask my hosting support for the path and copy paste it into the BPS Pro?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope that is backwards.  You want to tell your Server where the error log file is.  Servers use a default value of error_log that is not usable from the front end of a website.  Plus none of the BPS Pro error log checking would work.  You either use ini_set or add the path to your error log file in a custom php.ini file.

ini_set

@ini_set('error_log','path-to-bps-pro-error-log-file/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log');

custom php.ini file

log_errors = On
    error_log = /home/path-to-bps-pro-error-log-file/public_html/bpspro/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    log_errors_max_len = 1024
    Krzysztof
    Participant

Maybe tommorrow I will give it a shot 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There are only a couple of web hosts that I know of that either block ini_set or just do not allow you to edit your wp-config.php file.  In the 1,000’s of other web hosts around the world the ini_set Options work perfectly fine.

Krzysztof
    Participant

and here I go again 😉  No path to php.ini file visble. I did all the tricks provided here: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-error-log-path-does-not-match-ini_set-options-wordpress-language-versions/  The wp-config file is edited and still no luck. Any hints what to do? I ahve stopped to follow the video tutorial at this point where I coud not go further.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I think you are posting in the wrong place.  Please send me an admin login to the site.  It will be quicker just for me to setup BPS Pro then to try and figure out what is wrong.  Please send the admin login to edward at ait-pro dot com.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Problem resolved:  This Host was blocking the BPS Pro ini_set Options tool from being able to write to the wp-config.php file.  Manually edited the wp-config.php file and added the ini_set Options code.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.