Events Calendar page not found

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Events Calendar page not found

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bob
    Participant

Hi, I am running BPS Pro 8.0 and have plugins firewall disabled and auto restore disabled but am using all other functionality.  My problem is that I have installe a plugin called The Events Manager by Modern Tribe and it works well when BPS is turned off.  When I turn BPS back on the /events slug that it uses to show the calendar goes to a page not found, but as soon as I turn off bps it works no problem.

I’ve also noticed that if I re save my permalinks it works again, but then it also disables BPS so I’m sure that is why.  How can I get this to work, is there a work around?  I don’t have the plugins firewall even on so that shouldn’t be an issue.  I did read somewhere on here about locking the htaccess file which I have done but that doesnt fix the problem and when I resave my permalinks it just tells me that It cant access the file to write to and tells me what to add into the file manually.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Check your BPS Pro Security log and post the error related to the Events Manager plugin.  Is this the free version of that plugin or the Pro version?  Is the name of the plugin Events Calendar?

Bob
    Participant

The free version of this plugin.  tri.be/products/?utm_campaign=in-app&utm_medium=plugin-tec&utm_source=plugins-manager

I don’t want to buy the pro version until I know I can get this to work.  There is nothing in the security log to report.  It just go to a Page not found (through Cloudflare) when I click on the link to view the calendar.  Then I go to my settings in WordPress and save my pemalinks %postname% again and it comes up the BPS Pro is not active on the alerts but then as soon as I click on the Calendar link it then shows up.

Hope that helps.  I can give you access if you need it.  If there is an email address I can email that to you.

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I don’t need to login to provide the solution, but I do need to see your site and the Events Calendar page with BPS Pro BulletProof Mode activated so I can use Google Chrome dev tools to see what the problem is.  You can either post a link to your Events Calendar page here or you can send the link to info at ait-pro dot com if you do not want to post the URL to your website here.

Bob
    Participant

Just sent the link on email.
    Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Events Calendar plugin uses (abuses, misuses) the WordPress flush_rewrite_rules function.  I downloaded and installed this plugin and confirmed that it is flushing the root .htaccess file code when you save any settings in this plugin.  That is not how the flush_rewrite_rules function is supposed to be used.  It should only be used on plugin activation and deactivation.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/flush_rewrite_rules

The very common flush_rewrite_rules problem that causes 404, 403 and 500 errors and removes / wipes out your root .htaccess code and website security is solved by locking your root .htaccess file to prevent this problem from occurring repeatedly.
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#flush-rewrite-rules

Bob
    Participant

Just a quick thanks for all that help.  Great customer service for a great product.

-Bob

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Very welcome!  I’m sure we irritate a few plugin creators since BPS Pro covers such a wide range of vulnerabilities and in some cases requires whitelist or skip/bypass rules for some plugins, but we have painstakenly created logging, alerts and whitelisting capability into every security feature in BPS Pro.  So that in the event that BPS Pro is blocking another plugin’s functionality a quick and simple whitelist rule or skip/bypass rule can be created to “fix” the issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.