PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming that.  Some web hosts either block or ignore the ini_set error_log directive used in the wp-config.php file so the other alternative is to create and/or edit your website’s php.ini file and add the php error log path in your php.ini file, but using the server’s default php error log works just as well.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

“…to create and/or edit your website’s php.ini file” via the BPS Pro PHP.ini Options is next, and I should have a post with some questions about that within the next couple of hours.  I have been wanting to edit that file for quite some time now, and I was greatly pleased to discover BPS Pro can do that for me!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, BPS Pro offers tools to make creating and editing a php.ini file simpler, but php.ini files are not a one size fits all thing like htaccess files.  The P-Security Read Me help buttons list all the setup steps for creating a custom php.ini file.

growitsolutions
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    H, I have just got this error message:
    The PHP Error Log Location Set To: folder path does not match the Error Log Path Seen by Server: folder path.
    Click Here to go to the PHP Error Log page and click the Htaccess Protected Secure PHP Error Log Read Me button for troubleshooting steps.

I have rerun the wizard and tried to follow the steps above, when I run the check on P-Security I get the information below. I am running 11.6 of BPS pro.  Regards

PHP Version: 5.6.17
    PHP|php.ini Handler: A PHP|php.ini Handler was Not found in your Root .htaccess file.

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: Click the View PHPINFO button on the PHP Info Viewer page to get this path.
    Loaded Configuration File: /var/www/vhosts/system/southwalesgirlsgolf.com/etc/php.ini

php.ini, php5.ini & .user.ini File Search Results: (Displays the file paths below if files were found)

disable_functions: The ini_set function is Not Disabled

wp-config.php File: The wp-config.php file was found in the website root folder.

Error Log Path Seen by Server:
    PHP Error Log Location Set To: /var/www/vhosts/localhost.localdomain/southwalesgirlsgolf.com/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To: /home/linweb36/s/southwalesgirlsgolf.com-1081180436/user/htdocs/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

Website Root Folder: http://www.southwalesgirlsgolf.com
    WP ABSPATH: /var/www/vhosts/localhost.localdomain/southwalesgirlsgolf.com/
    Host by Address: localhost.localdomain
    DNS Name Server: ns1.livedns.co.uk

Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    Server API: cgi-fcgi CGI Host Server Type

Zend Engine Version: 2.6.0
    Zend Guard Loader: A Zend Extension is Not Loaded
    FastCGI: Unable to detect whether FastCGI is in use. Check your web host control panel to see if FastCGI is in use.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Shared Hosting Recommendations:
    For first time installations of BPS Pro it is recommended that you use the ini_set Options to quickly setup your PHP Error Log file and location. If you would like to create a custom php.ini file for your website see this Forum Topic: Custom php.ini File Setup
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    VPS or Dedicated Hosting Recommendations:
    For first time installations of BPS Pro it is recommended that you use the ini_set Options to quickly setup your PHP Error Log file and location. You can then create a custom php.ini file, which you can upload to replace the Servers php.ini file for your website at a later time if you would like. You can create/use either a custom php.ini file or the ini_set Options method or both at the same time. If you have created a custom php.ini file and you also use ini_set Options then your ini_set Options settings will take precedence over your custom php.ini file settings.

If a custom php.ini file was found in the php.ini, php5.ini & .user.ini File Search Results: then delete that file. For VPS or Dedicated Hosting you have full access to that Servers php.ini file (Loaded Configuration File:), and you will be uploading your custom php.ini file and replacing the Servers php.ini file with your custom php.ini file instead of creating the custom php.ini file under your website folders. Click HERE for the custom php.ini setup steps for VPS and Dedicated hosting
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ growitsolutions – 1. Go to the P-Security > ini_Set Options page > change the path to the php error log file from: /home/linweb36/s/southwalesgirlsgolf.com-1081180436/user/htdocs/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log   to:  /var/www/vhosts/localhost.localdomain/southwalesgirlsgolf.com/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

2. Click the 1. Save Options button and click the 2. Enable Options button.

growitsolutions
    Participant

Thank you that worked a treat 🙂

DBR
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hi

Is there any way to dismiss these two PHP error messages? I’m happy editing my php.ini file manually, so I don’t need to use the php.ini or logging options in BPS (unless there’s a security reason for doing it within BPS that I haven’t understood – my security status is green apart from report_memleaks/OFF).

The PHP Error Log Location Set To: folder path does not match the Error Log Path Seen by Server: folder path.
    Click Here to go to the PHP Error Log page and click the Htaccess Protected Secure PHP Error Log Read Me button for troubleshooting steps.

and

ini_set Options Need To Be Saved & The PHP Error Log Path/Location Needs To Be Set
    Click Here to go to the P-Security ini_set Options page and click the 1. Save Options button, click the 2. Enable Options button, click the Refresh Status button and go to the PHP Error Log tab page.
    Copy the Error Log Path Seen by Server: file path to the PHP Error Log Location Set To: text box and click the Set Error Log Location button.
    Click the Read Me Help buttons if you need additional help info.

Many thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can choose any php error log that you would like to use, but the recommended php error log to use is shown to you at the top of the PHP Error Log page:  ini_set PHP Error Log Location (Recommended): /home/content/xx/xxxxx/html/forum/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log.  You can either change the ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To option: path to the path you want to use for your php error log on the ini_Set Options page or pick your own php error log file path.  If you do not want to see the “PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match” error message then you can turn that error checking message Off on the S-Monitor page > 

DBR
    Participant

Thanks very much for that. PHP warning notices now disabled. Still finding out where everything is in BPS Pro after upgrading from the free version!

Cheers

armintz
    Participant

Just moved to a new host and getting the same error as the OP.

P Security > Ini_set Options > Diagnostic Checks|Recommendations  debug below. Any recommendations to fix?

PHP Version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.17
    PHP|php.ini Handler: A PHP|php.ini Handler was Not found in your Root .htaccess file.

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: Click the View PHPINFO button on the PHP Info Viewer page to get this path.
    Loaded Configuration File: /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

php.ini, php5.ini & .user.ini File Search Results: (Displays the file paths below if files were found)

disable_functions: The ini_set function is Not Disabled

wp-config.php File: The wp-config.php file was found in the website root folder.

Error Log Path Seen by Server: /var/log/apache2/ryanoconnor.error.log
    PHP Error Log Location Set To: /nas/content/live/ryanoconnor/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To: /nas/content/live/ryanoconnor/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

Website Root Folder: http://wrestlerdeaths.com
    WP ABSPATH: /nas/content/live/ryanoconnor/
    Host by Address: localhost
    DNS Name Server: ns22.domaincontrol.com

Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    Server API: apache2handler DSO Host Server Type

Zend Engine Version: 2.5.0
    Zend Guard Loader: A Zend Extension is Not Loaded
    FastCGI: Unable to detect whether FastCGI is in use. Check your web host control panel to see if FastCGI is in use.
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ armintz – Change the php error log path to the new path that you want to use.  If your new server does not allow you to use your own php error log or php error log path then use the server’s php error log and php error log path.

You can choose any php error log that you would like to use, but the recommended php error log to use is shown to you at the top of the PHP Error Log page:  ini_set PHP Error Log Location (Recommended): /home/content/xx/xxxxx/html/forum/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log.  You can either change the ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To option: path to the path you want to use for your php error log on the ini_Set Options page or pick your own php error log file path.  If you do not want to see the “PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match” error message then you can turn that error checking message Off on the S-Monitor page > 

armintz
    Participant

@AITpro Admin

I’ve changed PHP Error Log Location to the Recommended path: /nas/content/live/ryanoconnor/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log It doesn’t look like the Error log path is editable – hosting limitation? I just moved to WPengine. See screenshot: http://s33.postimg.org/8eudpox1r/Screen_Shot_2016_06_05_at_6_32_59_PM.png

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you change the path on the ini_set Options tab page > ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To option > add your new path to your php error log file > click the Save Options and Enable Options buttons?  If you did these steps and your server is not allowing you to use that new path then use your server’s php error log file/path.

armintz
    Participant

I’ve tried both:
    /nas/content/live/ryanoconnor/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log and /var/log/apache2/ryanoconnor.error.log But the PHP error still shows at the top

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

So you are saying that you have added:  /var/log/apache2/ryanoconnor.error.log into the:  PHP Error Log Location Set To: text box and clicked the Set Error Log Location button and the new path is being saved, but does not make the error go away after refreshing your Browser or clicking on any link?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.