PHP.ini file setup – php.ini setup questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free PHP.ini file setup – php.ini setup questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike

I have a php.ini file in my root directory. System Info withinn BPS is showing different settings than are set in the php.ini file. If I run PHP Info from a subdomain all the settings are displayed as in that php.ini file.
    What am I missing? Does php.ini need to be in a different location? Currently it is in the same directory as my wp-content, wp-admin, etc. directories. My host uses suPHP if it makes a difference.
    I’ve only been using BPS for a couple of days and so far so good. I was looking for a lightweight alternative to the resource intensive Wordfence plugin as I don’t need the extra bells and whistles that come with it. Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your Host may require that you add a php/php.ini handler in your root .htaccess file to tell the Server where to look for the php.ini file / Loaded Configuration file.

Please see this Forum Topic link below for the questions you would either need to find on your Host’s help pages or you can copy and paste the questions into an email and send it to them to get these answers.  php.ini setup requirements are similar on a lot of web hosts, but there is no one size fits all setup when dealing with php.ini files. 

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/request-to-have-host-added-to-the-custom-php-ini-web-host-list/

Mike

Thank you! I had stumbled upon that link you posted just before you replied. Between the info in that thread and in my host’s KB I was able to get it working.
    Thanks for a superb plugin and even more for the quick reply. Cheers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.