Plugins have disappeared – AutoRestore Dynamic Folder Exclude Paths

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Plugins have disappeared – AutoRestore Dynamic Folder Exclude Paths

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John H

Hi,

My site has lost all its plugins with this type of error message for example – The plugin backupbuddy/backupbuddy.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist. This is causing me big problems. I can see the plugins on the server using FTP but they are not in my site. Can someone help please?

Thanks,
    John

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Please explain what might have caused the problem.  I need details of when the problem occurred and what might have caused the problem in order to troubleshoot the problem.  It sounds like plugin files were sent to Quarantine.

Do you see plugin files in Quarantine?
    Did you make some sort of change to your AutoRestore settings?

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#autorestore-quarantine

John H

Ignore the email reply. For some reason I am being allowed to make a reply to this topic now.

I have been thinking about what I did. Before things went pear shaped I was in autorestore in the exclude dynamic folders. I think I had typed in /plugins. I did not get a chance to see Quarantine as all the plugins, including bps, disappeared from wp dashboard – although I can still see them on the server in the plugin folder. It seems likely that I have stuffed something up.

Cheers,
    John

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Most likely what happened is that all 3 buttons were not clicked on the AutoRestore Exclude Dynamic Folders page.  I need to add an additional failsafe here since this happens on occaison.

You will need to delete the empty /bulletproof-security plugin folder.
    Reinstall BPS Pro.
    Activate and quickly deactivate BPS Pro – do this very quickly otherwise AutoRestore/Quarantine will quarantine BPS Pro files agaim.
    Then go to Quarantine and restore plugin files from Quarantine – IMPORTANT!!!  If you have the Jetpack plugin installed – DO NOT RESTORE JETPACK PLUGIN FILES FROM QUARANTINE
    Your website will crash if you do that.  You will need to delete all jetpack plugin files from Quarantine instead of restoring them and then reinstall the Jetpack plugin.

John H

Thank you so much – the site has its plugins back.

I just wish to double check – I have looked in the ‘exclude dynamic folders’ tab. I have three entries –

/plugins
    /home/burniegr/public_html/wp-content/themes/dynamik/css/dynamik.css
    /home/burniegr/public_html/wp-content/themes/dynamik/css/dynamik-min.css

There is nothing above I have done to cause the problem?
    If not then it seems I forgot to click all three buttons at the bottom?
    Thanks for your help. I think BPS is wonderful, once I learn how to use it properly.

John H

Ugh! I saved all three buttons on the ‘exclude dynamic folders’ tab, playing safe. I just turned on the autorestore/quar cron and I have lost BPS and two other plugins again. Strangely, this time a lot of the plugins that were deactivated last time are still there. I am perplexed???

John H

UPDATE – I just checked and all the plugins are gone.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your exclude rules are NOT CORRECT.

Please look at the examples displayed to you on the Exclude Dynamic Folders page.  

Excluded Temp/Cache Folder Path – Scroll Down To Save Folder Paths
    Correct Folder Path Example: plugins/example-plugin/captcha/temp
    Correct Folder Path Example: themes/example-theme/cache

Also please read the Blue Read Me help button (copied from the Blue Read Me help button).

Examples of CORRECT Paths to Exclude: These folder paths are CORRECT because are not full website paths to these folders and they do not contain /wp-content in the path and they do not start or end with forward slashes.
    CORRECT: plugins/example-plugin/captcha/temp
    CORRECT: themes/example-theme/cache

Examples of INCORRECT Paths to Exclude: These folder paths are INCORRECT because they are full website paths to these folders and they contain /wp-content in the path and they start or end with forward slashes.
    INCORRECT: /xxxxx/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/example-theme/cache/
    INCORRECT: /xxxxx/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/example-theme/cache/
    INCORRECT: /wp-content/themes/example-theme/cache/

Also see this step by step Forum post for instructions on how to exclude the plugins folder

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-exclude-plugins-folder-and-themes-folder/

John H

Thank you for your patience. I get it now!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.