PowerPress Audio Player Buttons Not Displayed – Plugin Firewall, Flash SWF Whitelist

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro PowerPress Audio Player Buttons Not Displayed – Plugin Firewall, Flash SWF Whitelist

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Ed,

When I activate the plugin firewall … it creates an .htaccess file that reads:

[Plugin Firewall Code Removed for Security / Privacy]

But, I have a plugin called PowerPress that shows up in the whitelist box as  /powerpress/player.js, /powerpress/player.js,    (after I scan it, under Activate Plugin Firewall Security Mode  Scan 1.)

So, it creates the .htaccess file and puts it into the plugins folder.

But, from what I am seeing, only “I” can see the powerpress plugin displayed on the page.  So, temporarily I have deleted the .htaccess file in the plugins folder (so everyone else can see it.)

When the .htaccess file is in place, I don’t see the audio player buttons.

So, my question is, since I am sure it’s something I’m doing wrong .. why (when I activate the plugin firewall), is it not allowing the scanned plugins from displaying?

Please explain and let me know.

Thanks,

Gary

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When I look at the source code of your website I see embedded Flash coding for your PowerPress Player.  The additional plugin script that you need to add to your Plugin Firewall Whitelist is this front loading plugin script – /powerpress/audio-player.swf.

If the Plugin Firewall custom scan tool is unable to see/return a plugin script in the scan results for any reason you can look at the source code of your website page by right mouse clicking on the website page and select View Source and do a search for this path – /plugins.  By searching for /plugins you will see all plugins script paths that your website is loading on the front end of your website and you can manually copy just the portion of the plugin script path to add to the Plugin Firewall Whitelist.  Example:  By doing a search in the Browser and looking at the source code of the page I found this plugin script path: http://www.example.com/interviews/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/audio-player.swf. The portion of the front loading plugin script path that I need to Whitelist is: /powerpress/audio-player.swf.

I have created a Plugin Firewall Read Me First Forum Topic here for additional information about the Plugin Firewall >>> http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/plugin-firewall-read-me-first-troubleshooting/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.