WooCommerce – multiple users logging in

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WooCommerce – multiple users logging in

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris Casalena
    Participant

We have an e-commerce (Woocommerce) website with about 20 different shop managers around the country who each at any time have access to the shop backend to be able to ‘redeem’ couchers / coupons. There are quite a few plugins on this site as well. I want to add BPPro to the site but really worried about conflicts and shop managers not being able to login / have to send new login details / training for each etc. Can you advise how best to do this?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Disregard: This topic is no longer valid. Several things in WooCommerce have changed.
    See this new Topic regarding WooCommerce issues/problems: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-read-me-first/

BPS Pro and WooCommerce work fine together.  What User Roles do the shop managers have?  Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber or a Custom Role?

Every security feature in BPS Pro can be turned on or off for troubleshooting.  The BPS Pro Security Log logs anything legitimate that is being blocked so that a whitelist rule can be created for whatever that might be.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Chris Casalena
    Participant

shop managers – I’m going to have to read up on how to ‘white list’ – what happens when customers purchase good and have to sign up/in – will it block them? Also the payment gateway returns to the website to ‘release’ vouchers after payment – would that also bee seen by this program as a potential hack and be quarantined? – then manually deactivated? sounds like a lot of input from us to keep this going

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Disregard: This topic is no longer valid. Several things in WooCommerce have changed.
    See this new Topic regarding WooCommerce issues/problems: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-read-me-first/

The only BPS Pro security feature that will cause any sort of issues/problems with all of the WooCommerce things you have mentioned would be the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall.  It can be turned On or Off with one click.  If this is a Live Production site and you do not want to risk the possibility of any issues/conflicts or problems then turn the Plugin Firewall off.  What I recommend is that you clone / duplicate this site so that you have an exact copy of this site for Development testing so that you can test things on that Development site before using them on the Live Production site.  Or of course you can just turn the Plugin Firewall off and not use it on this particular site.

In general, WooCommerce and BPS Pro work fine together as long as all the Plugin Firewall whitelist rules for WooCommerce have been added to the Plugin Firewall.  Depending on the User Roles of the shop managers there are additional Plugin Firewall whitelisting tools to whitelist by User Role, but most likely you would not need to use them for the scenario you are describing.  If there is a problem it will be logged in the BPS Pro Security Log and a whitelist rule can be created based on what is being blocked.  The Plugin Firewall can be turned on or off with one click.

Chris Casalena
    Participant

much appreciate this kind of advice & support – a test site is an excellent way to test all this

cheers,

Alex Laxton
    Participant

More helpful!! because multiple users can be more helpful for multiple purposes and everyone can solve the issue if anyone has.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.