Protect W3TC cache and w3tc-config folders

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Protect W3TC cache and w3tc-config folders

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Young Master
    Participant

Does BPS Pro protect these folders  and all the files in it form being access remotely or by the browser? If no could please provide an instruction on how to protect them. Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

W3TC has its own built-in protection to protect its cached files.  You actually do not want BPS Pro to monitor these files because they are dynamically created or updated.

Source:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

The 3 Primary Website File Types Are:

1. Static Files – Most website files are static files that are not dynamically updated and will not change on a regular basis and should be monitored and protected by ARQ Infinity.  99.99% of your website files are static files and typically only 2 to 5 dynamic files and folders will need to excluded from being checked by ARQ Infinity.

2. Static Files That Are Dynamically Updated – Static files such as sitemap files are actually dynamic files because they are updated regularly and typically automatically updated.  These types of files have a known specific file name that will not change.  These particular types of files do not need to be monitored by ARQ Infinity and can be excluded from being checked by ARQ Infinity using the Add / Exclude Static Files options.

3. Dynamic Temp, Cache or Backup Files – Another type of dynamic files are temporary, cache or backup files (created by a backup plugin), which do not have a known specific file name because they are created / generated with random file names (typically with md5) or by adding a date to the filename (file backups).  These types of files can be excluded from being checked by ARQ Infinity by excluding the temp, cache, backup or other folder name by going to the EExclude wp-content Folders tab page.

Saving W3TC cache code permanently to BPS Custom Code
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/installing-w3-total-cache-with-bulletproof-security-pro/#post-12199

Young Master
    Participant

So in that case all W3TC files and folders located in wp-contect are protected by BPS Pro?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

All folders are monitored by AutoRestore/Quarantine by default.  If W3TC dynamic cache files are being sent to Quarantine then you will need to create an AutoRestore Exclude rule to tell AutoRestore not to check that particular folder.  Other W3TC folders and files will still be protected by default in both /wp-content and /plugins.

Young Master
    Participant

I just wanted to add deny all htaccess file in cache folder and w3tc-config folders just to add more protection. Is it ok?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I think that might be ok, but I am not sure.  I believe Frederick has already added .htaccess files for protection, but that may have changed.  The only way to know for sure if it works or not is to try it.  Let me know if it works or not.  Thanks.

Young Master
    Participant

No. Frederick didnt add any kind of .htaccess file protection. I will test it and see if it works.

Young Master
    Participant

I decided to kick W3TC the hell of my site. Tested in two sites which worked fine with previous version of w3tc but it crashed both sites when minification is activated. I can see your site is so fast. and if am not mistaken you are not using w3tc. Will you please share with me the magical tricks you are doing to speed up your wordpress site? I would really love to learn form you. Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, I used to use W3TC on all my sites, but a few versions ago I started having a lot of problems with W3TC so I switched to WP Super Cache.

I have created a tutorial in the link below for installing WP Super Cache on a website with BPS Pro already installed on it.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/where-is-the-log/#post-2715

Note:  You should also check this additional option/checkbox in WP Super Cache settings:  Don’t cache pages for known users. (Recommended)

Young Master
    Participant

I have never tested wp super cache before. Hopefully its a great plugin. I will test it out and see how it works. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.