Quarantine & PHP Logs Last Modified Time in DB incorrect

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Quarantine & PHP Logs Last Modified Time in DB incorrect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    bbmedia
    Participant

Just updated to the most recent BPS Pro version. When I clear the Quarantine Log and return to the page it shows that the Last Modified Time in File is 23 hours ahead of time (probably having some difficulty with daylight saving time) and obviously differs to the Last Modified Time which was still showing (correctly) as 31st March.

Then when I click the Reset Last Modified Time in DB button it sets both to the incorrect time.

Quarantine Log Last Modified Time:
    Last Modified Time in DB: April 1, 2017 4:23 am
    Last Modified Time in File: April 1, 2017 4:23 am

I have repeated this multiple times to ensure that it is not my imagination.
    Also, similar results when resetting PHP Error Logs. Security log seems fine.

We are running using Sydney time for this account & WP install on a Sydney server (AEDT) while currently located in Brisbane (AEST) hence the 1 hour time difference creating the issue.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We made some i18n changes to Log file timestamps in BPS Pro 12.8 and resynced the timestamps to GMT time.  Try these steps below and let me know what happens.  Also what timezone setting are you using for the WordPress > Settings > General > Timezone setting?

Go to the Quarantine Log page.
    Type:  xxxxxx directly after the top Log title:  BPS AutoRestore/Quarantine – ARQ Log and the 2 dashed lines.
    Scroll down the Quarantine Log page and click the Update File button.
    Click the Reset Last Modified Time in DB button 3 times.  Note: Multiple clicks to reset log files is only required when editing Log files and using the Update File button.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Disregard.  There is a bug with the new i18n timestamp code and how it works with different WP Timezone settings.  So we will be rolling back the Logging timestamp code to standard Military time and numeric date in BPS Pro 12.9.

Chris Moon
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    I know this isn’t a big deal but a couple of my sites are showing a red alert for the “Security Log Last Modified Time:” despite the correct date and time being shown.
    Any ideas what could cause this?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Chris – There is a bug with the new i18n timestamp code and how it works with different WP Timezone settings. So we will be rolling back the Logging timestamp code to standard Military time and numeric date in BPS Pro 12.9.

protection
    Participant

When I do updates on my plugins, it triggers the PHP Error log message in the admin dashboard, yet nothing is written to the error log. I’m using BPS Pro version 12.8, WP version 4.7.3. I’m pretty sure this was since the BPS Pro 12.8 update.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ protection – There is a bug with the new i18n timestamp code and how it works with different WP Timezone settings. So we will be rolling back the Logging timestamp code to standard Military time and numeric date in BPS Pro 12.9.

Jose
    Participant

Hi,

Since late this afternoon my website is not loading the complete page of Security Log entries.

This is what I can see: [link copied and deleted for privacy]

Otherwise, once every hour I’m receiving by mail this Security Log (always the same every hour)

Security Log File For:

Site: https://www.mysite.com

Total # of Security Log Entries by Type:
    Total 403 GET Request Log Entries: 636
    Total 403 POST Request Log Entries: 57
    Total 405 HEAD Request Log Entries: 40
    Total AFS Cron: ARQ Cron was turned On Log Entries: 1
    Total AJAX Shiny Plugin Update|Install: ARQ Cron was turned Off Log Entries: 1
    Total Login Form - POST Request Logged Log Entries: 134
    Total upgrader_post_install Filter: Backup performed Log Entries: 1
    Total upgrader_pre_install Filter: ARQ Cron was turned Off Log Entries: 1

There aren’t any other problems. The website is running well, but what should I do?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jose – This problem could be related to the logging timestamp bug in 12.8 that will be fixed in 12.9.  Or your Security Log file is over 2MB in size or your Security Log file contents contains non-ASCII characters.  Do the steps below to see if they fix the problem.

1. Go to the Security Log page.
    2. Click the Delete Log button to delete your current Security Log file.  A new blank Security Log file is created automatically.

Jose
    Participant

This is what happens when clicking “Delete Log”.
    The site is running at GMT time since a long time ago, despite I’m at GMT+2 (summer time) GMT+1 (winter time).
    The BPS Security Log Page is after clicking “Delete Log” being shown as I sent in the screen capture. (fully displayed)
    Besides that, I’m receiving now the email from Database Changes as usually. Everything seems normal by mail now.
    I think there wouldn’t be problem for waiting to the nearest update to 12.9, given the rest of the website is running properly.

Total # of Security Log Entries by Type
    There are no Security Log Entries yet.

Security Log Last Modified Time:
    Last Modified Time in DB: 15 Abril, 2017 01:22
    Last Modified Time in File: 1 Enero, 1970 00:00

Jose
    Participant

I also see the Security Log mail is not sending the adjunt archive .zip

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jose – Yep, the logging timestamp bug is occurring on your website and this will be fixed in BPS Pro 12.9, which should be released in 5-10 days from now.

You can turn off DB Monitor email alerts on the BPS Pro > S-Monitor page > Email Alerting & Log File Options > DBM: When A Database Change|Modification Occurs… > Do Not Send Email Alerts.  The BPS Pro DB Monitor feature is pending work to make it more user friendly.  Currently the DB Monitor feature is not user friendly.  We hope to get the new DB Monitor code completed in the next 3-4 BPS Pro versions.

Jose
    Participant

Great! I realized that this is a minor issue to fix that could perfectly wait until the next update.

Thanks a lot.

protection
    Participant

I just noticed today that my PHP error log is not being written to. I even tested this out by using the Test Error Log functionality. I did not receive an alert in my dashboard, even though I have alerts enabled. The PHP Error log file was not being written to. I’m using WP 4.7.3, BPS PRO 12.8.

The recommended (and set) path for the php error log file are both /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log. I verified this path was also the error_log value in my php.ini file. The file permissions for bps_php_error.log are 604. I manually wrote in that file, then reloaded my WP dashboard and received an alert about a PHP error, and verified that the contents of the file loaded in my BPS Pro error log within the WP admin section.

I tested to make sure that I was receiving security alerts as well as quarantine alerts. Those were fine.

I did migrate over to https recently, but am pretty sure that I’ve received PHP errors since the migration. I’m stumped.

Update: I just noticed that “Last modified time in DB” and “Last modified time in file” are both March 2, 2017. I know that I’ve had PHP warnings/errors since then. I decided to add some text in my PHP error log within the WP dashboard. When I did, both times showed the correct timestamp (today).

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Pete

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ protection – BPS Pro 12.9 fixes this bug and will be released some time today.  Or the problem could be caused by a particular PHP 5.6.30 server build that has php error logging disabled by default.  We have seen around 10 people experiencing this same problem.  See this forum topic for more info:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-error-log-path-does-not-match/page/4/#post-32840

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.