Quarantine & PHP Logs Last Modified Time in DB incorrect

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Quarantine & PHP Logs Last Modified Time in DB incorrect

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    protection
    Participant

Thank you. I verified that PHP Error Logging is on by default on my server. I’m using PHP version 5.6.30. I’ll wait for the update today and see how that goes.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ protection – BPS Pro 12.9 has been released.  The PHP Error “Test Error Log” button is currently disabled.  It was causing confusion and headaches for everyone.  So we just disabled that Test Error Log button for now.  We will figure out some other way to do a PHP Error log test without causing confusion and headaches in a future BPS Pro version.

protection
    Participant

I updated to 12.9 and tested the PHP Error Log, but it still didn’t trigger an error. Both of the dates (time modified in db/file) were from yesterday (4/19). Only when I updated the error log manually did it reflect today’s timestamp. Any ideas?

protection
    Participant

Sorry, I didn’t notice your previous message until now (about the test button being disabled). However, I did create a PHP script that called the trigger_error function, and it didn’t write to my PHP Error log.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ protection – Check your wp-config.php file and post the error log path that you see (use x’s to hide your actual hosting account folder names, but do not alter the path structure).  Example:  @ini_set('error_log','/xxxxx/xxxxx/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log'); Note: PHP error logging is working on all of our sites, but there is some sort of problem occurring for XAMPP, WAMP and MAMP Local Dev Servers, which is being looked at.

We are currently experiencing problems with our web host mail server and automated emails are not being sent. Hopefully our web host will get this fixed soon.

protection
    Participant

Yeah, I noticed that I wasn’t getting email response for your replies, so I’ll just manually check back on this thread for now 🙂

Here is what’s in my wp-config:

@ini_set('error_log','/xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxx/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log');

This is also the same path that is set within BPS pro (for PHP Error Log Location Set To  and Error Log Path Seen by Server)

In addition, I do have a php.ini file on my root. Here are the contents:

log_errors = on
    display_errors = off
    error_log = /xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    memory_limit = 512M
    max_input_time = 300
    max_execution_time = 300
    date.timezone = "America/Los_Angeles"

FYI, this is not on a local installation.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ protection – Ok I found the problem.  The php error logging problem is being caused by the new BPS Pro MU Tools must-use plugin file.  So we will need to get a new BPS Pro version out today that fixes that problem.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ protection – BPS Pro 12.9.1 has been released which fixes the PHP Error Logging problem. Note: We re-enabled the PHP Error Test Error Log button.  Crazy week:  ISP problems with internet connectivity for 3 days at the same time host mail server problems with automated emails for the last 6 days. The mail server problem should be fixed within the next 24 hours hopefully.  The PHP Error logging bug started in BPS Pro 12.8, but there were other issues occurring with external things at the same time and our forum site PHP error logging was working so we assumed the root cause was something else.  Oh my what a fun week this has been. 😉

Jose
    Participant

After updating to BPS 12.9.1, I receive this PHP error log every time I try to display the ‘Security Log Page’ which is shown as I reported around five days ago.

[20-Apr-2017 20:10:49 UTC] PHP Warning:  fopen(/homepages/xx/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/http_error_log.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/xx/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/security-log/security-log.php on line 843
    [20-Apr-2017 20:14:14 UTC] PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(/homepages/xx/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/http_error_log.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/xx/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/firewall-autopilot.php on line 585

Since BPS 12.9 was a reality the box showing the Security Log is still not being shown and the text is fully displayed, despite I’m receiving the mails properly. So I think the problem only concerns to the display of this concrete page and not the others on BPS.

Update: Now I can see this kind of error without visiting the Security Log Page, but mainly this happens when I click to the Security Log Page. (line 585 every 15 minutes)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jose – That php error either means that BPS Pro 12.9.1 did not install successfully or there is actually a permission problem with this folder or file:  /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/http_error_log.txt.  Try reinstalling BPS Pro first.  Then check the permissions for the /bps-backup/ folder and that the folder actually really exists.  Then check the permissions of this file:  http_error_log.txt and that it actually really exists.

See this forum topic for how to manually reinstall BPS Pro:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-bps-pro-upgrade-installation-methods/

Note:  Our web host mail server is still not sending automated emails so you will not receive an automated forum email for this reply.

Jose
    Participant

The permissions of that file are now 200.
    Do I need to uninstall BPS Pro first before reinstalling?
    Update: Ok. I read the information link above.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jose – 200 is not a valid file permission for reading and writing to a file.  Valid file permissions would be 604 or 644.  Change the file permission of that file to either 604 or 644.

Jose
    Participant

Ok. Changing the permissions into 604 fixed the issue. I didn’t change this permissions never before. I think that someone or any process run by the hosting service would have triggered this kind of illogical file permissions. Thanks a lot one more time.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Jose – Great!  Thanks for confirming the problem is fixed.

protection
    Participant

@AITpro Admin – It’s working great now, thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.