Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Random General Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

So i am totally clear.
    If i want to upload anything to my site apart from those i have in “Exclude wp-content Folders” I>E plugins, Cache
    I should do the following.

1. Turn ARQ Off.
    2. Upload or modify files or folders on your website.
    3. Click the appropriate Backup Files button: Root Files, wp-admin Files, wp-includes Files or wp-content Files Backup Files button.
    4. Turn ARQ back On.

So when i first install BPS Pro it will back up the files and use these to compare to the original files at a time I set i.e 2 mins.

But it says recommended “Recommend Settings: Run ARQ Cron check every 2 minutes, Standard WP Cron and Turn Off Backup File Status Check”
    If it is turned off what is ARQ comparing with?

Paul
    Participant

When adding adding

/home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/wp-cache-config.php

to exclude a file should i be running steps 1,2,3 as i would if adding a folder to exclude. I never but got

WordPress database error Table

'xxxx_xxx.txx_bpspro_arq_add' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM txx_bpspro_arq_add WHERE arq_add_backup LIKE '%/%' made by include('/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/autorestore.php')

File shows in Search Results For Excluded Files To Remove From DB

Paul
    Participant

Some more info
    After running check PHP

HP Version: 5.5.18
    PHP/php.ini Handler: A PHP/php.ini Handler was Not found in your Root .htaccess file.

Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /usr/local/lib 
    Loaded Configuration File: /home/xxxxx/.php/php.ini

php.ini, php5.ini & .user.ini File Search Results: (Displays the file paths below if files were found)

disable_functions: The ini_set function is Not Disabled

wp-config.php File: The wp-config.php file was found in the website root folder.

Error Log Path Seen by Server: /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    PHP Error Log Location Set To: /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To: /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

Website Root Folder: http://xxxxxx
    WP ABSPATH: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/
    Host by Address: hostname.105.000.000.in-addr.arpa
    DNS Name Server: ns119.xxxxx.com

Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    Server API: cgi-fcgi CGI Host Server Type

Zend Engine Version: 2.5.0
    Zend Guard Loader: A Zend Extension is Not Loaded
    FastCGI: Unable to detect whether FastCGI is in use. Check your web host control panel to see if FastCGI is in use.

ini_set PHP Error Log Location Set To:
    /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

Memory
    WordPress Admin Memory Limit: 128M
    WordPress Base Memory Limit: 40M
    PHP Actual Configuration Memory Limit: 128M

Reading similar post maybe Some web hosts either block or ignore the ini_set error_log directive used in the wp-config.php file so the other alternative is to create and/or edit your website’s php.ini file

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

While ARQ is turned Off it is not doing anything. That is what you want while manually modifying files otherwise ARQ will Quarantine the file because ARQ will assume you are a hacker attempting to hack the website.

AutoRestore/Quarantine Correct Usage
    AutoRestore/Quarantine (ARQ Infinity) IDPS is a real time file monitor that monitors all of your website files for any changes. When manually uploading files with FTP or modifying files or folders on your website follow these simple procedural steps for AutoRestore/Quarantine (ARQ) to avoid having those files autorestored and / or quarantined. If files are sent to Quarantine then use the Restore File option in Quarantine to restore those files. ARQ is amazing, but it cannot tell who you are if you are manually modifying files or folders outside of your WordPress Dashboard – that is not possible.

1. Turn ARQ Off.
    2. Upload or modify files or folders on your website.
    3. Click the appropriate Backup Files button: Root Files, wp-admin Files, wp-includes Files or wp-content Files Backup Files button.
    4. Turn ARQ back On.

Yes some hosts do block the ini_set php function due to lack of knowledge and understanding of this php function, but I have only seen a handful of hosts worldwide making that mistake. Yes if your particular host is doing that then you can create a custom php.ini file and remove the ini_set function from the disable_functions directive in your custom php.ini file.

Paul
    Participant

I,m not actually adding a file, i am adding this file path

/home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/wp-cache-config.php

to the Add / Exclude Other Folders & Files Exclude an individual file-single file then hitting the Exclude Button.
    I also run the wp-content Files (BACKUP Files) after.

When i do that i get above error. So not actually adding or modifying files or folders and assume what i am doing is correct procedure following the video demonstration?

So do i still need to turn off arq when adding files or folders file paths to exclude.

I then also re

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Interesting.  In any case, you want to use the WordPress Exclude Folders & Files tool.  “WordPress” means anything that is related to WordPress (WordPress itself, WordPress plugins, WordPress themes, etc.  The Read Me help button has additional help info.

Exclude Folders & Files:
    For WordPress Folders & Files (ONLY)

Paul
    Participant

Yes thats the one i,m using Exclude Folders & Files:
    For WordPress Folders & Files (ONLY)

then in drop down box it says exclude an individual file – s single file is excluded.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The WordPress Folders & Files (ONLY) database table name is:  bpspro_arq_exclude and not the bpspro_arq_add database table, which is used for adding folders and files that are outside of WordPress.  The DB error looks like what you would see if your using the non-WordPress add tool.  Double check that you are using the correct tool and let me know if you see the error again.  If you do see the error again then create a temporary Administrator login to this site and send it to info at ait-pro dot com  so I can login and see what is going on.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

hmm I just noticed this – “File shows in Search Results For Excluded Files To Remove From DB”.  Are you saying the file was successfully added/excluded and you are seeing some other database error somewhere else like your php error log?  Where exactly did you see the database error?

Paul
    Participant

Unfortunately i have deleted logs. So i will make a note next time.
    Currently my php log shows

[15-Dec-2014 17:44:03 UTC] WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction for query DELETE FROM tvd_options WHERE option_name = '_transient_doing_cron' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, wp_cron, spawn_cron, get_transient, delete_option

Looking in
    Search Results For Excluded Files To Remove From DB this file is excluded. And i see no other errors in logs since i created that exclude.

/home/thamesva/public_html/wp-content/wp-cache-config.php
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm ok well since everything is ok/working then maybe it was just some sort of random database hiccup.

Paul
    Participant

Possibly i will keep an eye on it and note down/copy full log next time. Should i get php errors or do i need to address them, like above
    (information overload) lol

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

For php errors that are occurring in other plugins and themes you want to take a part of the php error that is searchable and that does not contain any information about your specific website.

Example search term:  “WordPress database error Deadlock found when trying to get lock” produces this search result: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2332768/how-to-avoid-mysql-deadlock-found-when-trying-to-get-lock-try-restarting-trans which explains generally what that php error means. If you can figure out which plugin or theme this php error is being caused by then you can post in that plugin or theme support forum on wordpress.org to get a solution. If it is a bug that needs to get fixed in that plugin or theme then it is important that you notify that plugin or theme author so they can take care of that bug permanently.

See this forum topic on how to generally troubleshoot php errors:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-troubleshoot-php-errors-php-errors-in-your-php-error-log/

Paul
    Participant

OK Thanks, learning all the time, i thought that php error log was BPS specific but it is site wide, excellent. Can be daunting all the info and especially the amount of attacks in log on wp admin.
    thank you, will do a bit of reading again.

Paul
    Participant

Ignore a domain
    Most of by spam,attack bots are coming via albacom.net can i block anything from said domain rather than IP (using numerous)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.