Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Random General Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

OK i am now onto DB Monitor. I have read How to Choose Between Table Size & Update Time in the Dynamic DB Form
    And since turning on setting to check every 60 mins i have received a log at 8:53 pm and at 12:46 am with a log showing all tables, nothing shown at the hours in between.

I am sure i have it set wrong. Reading

You only need to choose/click on either a Table Size or Update Time Radio button for each database table that you want to monitor and do not need to click the checkbox for that particular database table. By selecting a Radio button for a particular database table that you want to monitor, you are selecting that database table to be monitored

I never selected any radio box, so i guess i need to select those i want to monitor either by size or time then submit so they show in the DB Monitor Status Table Why if i never selected anything have i had these 2 email logs though and not every hour shown only those 2 times? when nothing was selected? is that just default behaviour?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI6Q-9qEK2SRUxqWWxJZlpjQWs/view?usp=sharing

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually use the default settings for the DB Monitor.  It is simply too advanced at this point to add additional DB Tables for the average person to figure out.  If you want to try and figure out the DB Monitor (not recommended for the average person) then see the DB Monitor guide:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/database-monitor-dbm-guide/ and click the DB Monitor Read Me help button.

I recommend that you reset the DB Monitor to only check for new DB Tables created.

Paul
    Participant

Yes that is how i had it, nothing selected on the right, the DB Monitor Status Table was empty and i had selected Check for new DB tables created, but i was receiving alerts telling me all my tables were like so but with all tables and later same but different time? Not sure why it is saying new table created? Currently i have set as mentioned Says New DB Tables Created Check: On || Next Check: 18th December 2014 @ 1:57 am

[New DB Table Created - Cron Check Time 17th December 2014 - 11:14 pm]
    New DB Table Created Name: xxx_bpspro_db_backup
    New DB Table Actual Create Time: 2014-12-17 16:45:01
    DB Monitor Guide: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/database-monitor-dbm-guide/

[New DB Table Created - Cron Check Time 17th December 2014 - 11:14 pm]
    New DB Table Created Name: xxx_bpspro_login_security
    New DB Table Actual Create Time: 2014-12-17 16:45:01
    DB Monitor Guide: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/database-monitor-dbm-guide/
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Run the Pre-installation Wizard and Setup Wizard again to reset the DB Monitor to the default settings.

Paul
    Participant

Ok Done.
    Although my cron check is as i set at 60 min.
    Ok set to 15 mins and left everything else as is new tables and on.
    DB Monitor has been turned On and new DB Tables Created Check is turned On

Paul
    Participant

What do you think caused this, as all 3 sites were doing it? going to run pre install/install again on them all.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I assume everything is working normally and is ok, but for me to explain everything about how the DB Monitor works I would be creating an Encylopedia here so not going to bother with that.  The DB Monitor was a very ambitious project, but unfortunately it is leaning too much towards – Rocket Science – so we are not sure what to do with it at this point.  Unfortunately, the automation potential is very limited since trying to monitor every DB Query on the site to capture the actual Queries would tell you exactly what changed, but the cost of doing that would cripple a website’s performance. Basically don’t worry about what the DB Monitor is doing. It works fine, but is too complicated to fiddle with doing all the additional things you can do with it.

Paul
    Participant

Yes seems to be, set a 15 mins and nothing in log. will check in morning and update you here.

creating an Encylopedia

I thought you enjoyed creating those 😉

Big learning curve when you start reading all you have compiled together with videos. But learning fast, just install it, and leave it!
    Think i am getting too involved when really there is no need to. But enjoying reading it all.

As i speak more emails with DB alerts

[New DB Table Created - Cron Check Time 18th December 2014 - 2:54 am]
    New DB Table Created Name: xxx_comments
    New DB Table Actual Create Time: 2014-12-18 02:42:09

[New DB Table Created - Cron Check Time 18th December 2014 - 2:54 am]
    New DB Table Created Name: xxx_links
    New DB Table Actual Create Time: 2014-12-18 02:42:09

ETC

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually it’s great that you are really looking around and reading everything.  Most folks do not do that.  BPS Pro automation is designed so that someone can install and setup BPS Pro very quickly and continue on with whatever they were doing.  The DB Monitor is the only thing in BPS Pro that is overly complex to use.  Other things in BPS Pro are complex or doing complex things, but they are automated in a way and/or have simple tools so that using them is very simple and easy.  Yep, nothing wrong with tinkering and yep after running the Wizards everything is setup with the exception of JTC Anti-Spam / Anti-Hacker since a large number of folks have membership websites, which already handle all aspects of registration and login so that needs to be a manual decision that someone needs to make.

Go to the DB Monitor Log page and click the Reset Last Modified Time in DB button.  Also you can turn off DB Monitor email alerts on the BPS Pro S-Monitor page.

DBM: When A Database Change/Modification Occurs…
    Choose Do Not send email alerts

Paul
    Participant

I,ll turn it off on this site now, will look in morning, and do as advised. Appreciate the help and all the good reading material you provide. 3.10 am here !! So basically those alerts are ok as shown above.

Paul
    Participant

OK just an update. No logs on 2 sites all night having set to 15 minute crons, but then at 11:10 am
    I get another log saying all tables had been created

Not sure why these times are so far apart though.
    Cron Check Time 18th December 2014 – 11:10 am Actual Create Time: 2014-12-18 08:45:29
    When cron is 15 minutes?

[New DB Table Created - Cron Check Time 18th December 2014 - 11:10 am]
    New DB Table Created Name: xxxxx_bpspro_db_backup
    New DB Table Actual Create Time: 2014-12-18 08:45:29

New DB Table Created Name: xxxxx_bpspro_login_security

New DB Table Created Name: xxxxx_bpspro_seclog_ignore

This is just example but all tables are listed like this.
    So not sure why it thinks all tables are newly created. I can turn off email alerts but i guess if i do that i may as well turn DBM off.
    This is on three sites, two on different servers but all with same hosting company.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It may just be that the DB Log reset is not resetting the original check for whatever reason.  Not really sure.  You could test that by clicking the DB Monitor Log Reset Last Time in DB button and see if you receive any new email notifications.

Paul
    Participant

HURRAH. New Server, installed BPS PRO on new site, having the knowledge i have gained from you and reading watching videos, From start to finish about 3 minutes.

Paul
    Participant

IMPORTANT!!! If you are ONLY updating a Theme or Plugin you MUST click this link below to complete the AutoRestore File Backup.
    ONLY Click This Link If You Are ONLY Updating Themes or Plugins and NOT if you are updating WordPress at the same time as Themes and Plugins.

Well I updated WP, then updated themes and plugins with ARQ off. So i guess this is at the same time? So do i ignore this?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

“at the same time” means literally at the same time.  Not separately. You do not need to turn off ARQ when updating WordPress, plugins or themes.  You would only click the link if you are only updating plugins or themes and not WordPress at the same time.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.