Random General Questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Random General Questions

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

CGI Permissions. I have noticed today after i had host switch PHP module from suPHP to fastCGI and also enabled OPcache that i get message F-Lock options have not been saved yet.Server API: cgi-fcgi – Your Host Server is using CGI. Use the CGI File Lock and Unlock options.

I have saved f lock options but why did they show as unlocked, was it this work above caused this? Did not cause this on another site on same server.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I don’t understand the question.  Please be more specific thanks.

More specific meaning – did you unlock some files? If so, which files did you unlock? And did you try to lock them again in F-Lock? If so, were you able to lock the files or not able to lock the files?

Paul
    Participant

I never unlocked any files, last time i looked in admin i had no f lock message, tonight i logged in and i did.
    I clicked the link to view the f lock page and all item on right were red, not locked. So i saved f lock options and all was locked.

Now shows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxI6Q-9qEK2SbEk2YmdFdVFRZGM/view?usp=sharing

Sorry should have done screen shot as it was. Can’t be the work on server as no other site showed this. Just a bit strange, appear locked now. The only thing i can see that looks as if it was created today on all sites on that server is a folder in root called .htpasswds and empty

Paul
    Participant

When updating plugins. Going on previous advice i am now updating one at a time.

ONLY Click This Link If You Are ONLY Updating Themes or Plugins and NOT if you are updating WordPress at the same time as Themes and Plugins.

Do i need to click this link after each plugin update (assuming more than 1) or can i update the plugins, 1 by 1 then after the last one click the link to backup folders? Or should i still do this after each plugin update (assuming doing more than 1)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep looks good.  When you deactivate BPS Pro the F-Lock options are deleted for troubleshooting reasons.  I assume something like that is what happened.  So you just need to resave your F-Lock options again

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Personally I update plugins on the WordPress Plugins page and do not use the WordPress Updates page to update plugins.  If you update plugins on the Plugins page then you will not see that ARQ message.  If you want to bulk update plugins on the Updates page then you can update them all at the same time and you actually do not need to click the link at all.  If you were updating themes and plugins at the same time then you do need to click that link.

Paul
    Participant

Happy Xmas. Yes so i will do that in future from plugins page individually. Thanks.

Paul
    Participant

With an htaccess 301 redirect what is the difference

RedirectMatch 301 ^/index.htm$ http://www.xxxxxxx.co.uk/

and
    Redirect 301 /index.htm http://www.xxxxx.co.uk/

Using an online generator to redirect some pages and i get the later?
    Are they effectively the same?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Redirect and RedirectMatch directives are the same except that RedirectMatch allows you to use Regular Expressions code and Redirect does not allow/use RegEx code.

Paul
    Participant

So both acceptable to use?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep.  I only use RedirectMatch since it allows you to do more things using RegEx.

Paul
    Participant

OK thank you.

simon
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this General Topic]

Hi,

from now to then i get white pages when i make a change on a page content! All subpages are just white except for the frontpage. In the Backend i get a warning: BPS Pro Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security When i create the secure htaccess file and activate Website Root Folder htaccess Security Mode all is fine again. When i activate Website wp-admin Folder htaccess Security Mode then all is white again. And bps puts the …auto_htaccess in the Quarantine When i wait, after 5 Minutes the pages are back again.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It sounds like you are having server problems.  ie your server is losing connection, connection is timing out, server is overloaded, etc.  Or another plugin installed on your website is causing this problem.  BPS does not do anything directly or affect saving or editing page content – creating posts or pages.

Do the standard WordPress troubleshooting steps to determine if another plugin you have installed is causing this problem.
    1. Deactivate all your plugins except BPS and test.
    2. Deactivate your plugins one by one and test.

simon
    Participant

There were no new plugins installed! …but i will test it. What can cause the auto_.htaccess to be quarantined all the time?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.