Security Log – No log entries, Sucuri Security Plugin Blocks Logging

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Security Log – No log entries, Sucuri Security Plugin Blocks Logging

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jeff

I added the trailing “/” to my permalinks.  Also, something is happening with BPS on my site.  I am getting this alert about every 5 minutes: BPS Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security

Jeff

I follow the procedures and the alert goes away and then 5 minutes later seems to come back. 

Jeff

I do have the Securi option marked as you mentioned.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When you go to the WordPress Permalinks page it overwrites your root .htaccess file automatically if your root .htaccess file is not locked. You will need to activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode again.

Once you do that then run some tests to see if error logging is working.  If it is not then delete the .htaccess file in your wp-content folder that the Sucuri plugin created.  And test error logging again.

Jeff

Ok, that makes sense, I will follow the next steps later this evening.  Thank you again for helping me with all of this.

Jeff

That did the trick!  So it is associated with that Securi wp-content option.  My first 403 entry in about 8 days:

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 Error Logged - February 8, 2013 - 5:20 pm <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 5.63.151.189
    Host Name: 053f97bd.rdns.100tb.com
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP: 
    HTTP_FORWARDED: 
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP: 
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER: 
    REQUEST_URI: /
    QUERY_STRING: 
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah I am not surprised that worked.  What surprises me is that this option exists in the Sucuri plugin at all the way it does.  It is an interesting start of an idea that I am in the final stages of completing – the Plugin Firewall.  In order for the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall to work in all cases and all scenarios I had to spend a lot of time creating additional options for all the possible scenarios that can exist.  So that is what surprised me about that Sucuri wp-content .htaccess file option – there are not any additional options period  – no whitelisting, no exclusions, etc etc etc and not even a delete button to do an emergency eject.  Very surprising coming from Sucuri since they are really on the ball.  😉

Also if any of your other plugins were not working before or partially working then deleting the Sucuri wp-content .htaccess file will probably fix those issues as well.  😉

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.