Setup Wizard: 3 Red Notices: Unable to create admin/core,wizard,login .htaccess

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Setup Wizard: 3 Red Notices: Unable to create admin/core,wizard,login .htaccess

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Jonny
    Participant

I am using wordpress 5.1.1 (subdomain) MULTISITE with BPS and getting the following errors upon running the setup wizard.
    /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/system-info/.htaccess File created or updated Successfully!
    Error: Unable to create or update File /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/login/.htaccess
    /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/maintenance/.htaccess File created or updated Successfully!
    /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/db-backup-security/.htaccess File created or updated Successfully!
    Error: Unable to create or update File /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/core/.htaccess
    Error: Unable to create or update File /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/.htaccess
    wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/email-log-settings/.htaccess File created or updated Successfully!
    I did check:

• file permissions and ownership
    • deactivated all plugins

I noticed there were a few others with the exact same problem.  I know its not vitally important, BUT does anyone know some typical reasons as to why this has occurred and how to fix it.  I would really like to understand the possible reasons this error could occur.  Thanks

Jonny
    Participant

My BPS log is also empty:

BPS SECURITY LOG
    =================
    =================

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Security Log may be blank because a root and/or wp-admin htaccess file was not created successfully or maybe there are just not any Security Log entries yet.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the BPS plugin on the WordPress Plugins page.  This could indicate that there is a problem with your PHP server.  If the same problem occurs again after uninstalling and reinstalling BPS then switch your PHP server version in your web host control panel.  Switching your PHP server version means your website will use a different PHP server.

Adebayo
    Participant

[Forum Reply has been merged into this relevant Topic]

pls i saw error code in the bps set up verification check. HOW DO I FIXED THIS. TNX

=======================================

Error: Unable to create or update File /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/login/.htaccess
    /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/maintenance/.htaccess File created or updated Successfully!
    /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/db-backup-security/.htaccess File created or updated Successfully!
    Error: Unable to create or update File /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/core/.htaccess
    Error: Unable to create or update File /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/.htaccess

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Adebayo – Run the Setup Wizard again.  If you still see the same errors then uninstall and reinstall the BPS plugin on the WordPress Plugins page.

Adebayo
    Participant

[Duplicate Reply – Forum Reply has been merged into this relevant Topic]

I got these 3 errors, pls how do I go about it?

Error: Unable to create or update File /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/login/.htaccess
    /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/maintenance/.htaccess File created or updated Successfully!
    /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/db-backup-security/.htaccess File created or updated Successfully!
    Error: Unable to create or update File /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/core/.htaccess
    Error: Unable to create or update File /home/mavlons/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/.htaccess

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Adebayo – Run the Setup Wizard again.  If you still see the same errors then uninstall and reinstall the BPS plugin on the WordPress Plugins page.

Adebayo
    Participant

Still getting the same errors

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can just ignore these errors since the BPS self protection files below are not critical and are just extra self protection for BPS plugin folders.  In other words, these self protection htaccess files below are not really needed/necessary.

/bulletproof-security/admin/login/.htaccess
    /bulletproof-security/admin/core/.htaccess
    /bulletproof-security/admin/wizard/.htacces

Adebayo
    Participant

ok, thanks

Adebayo
    Participant

Hi, mine says there are no security log entries yet. I also did not get the “Send email and log file ‘to and from’ field” in my security log session

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What does this mean exactly – “I also did not get the “Send email and log file ‘to and from’ field” in my security log session“?  Are you saying that you are not seeing the Email|Log Settings Form Fields or are the Form Fields blank/empty?

Is your website > https://mavlons.com/? This site has BPS installed and I just checked/tested the BPS 403.php Security Logging template on this site and saw the BPS 403 Forbidden template page displayed. If this is your site then do you see a Security Log entry now?

Adebayo
    Participant

Yes, Mavlons.com is my site and yes, I didn’t see “Email|Log Settings Form Fields”  but now I can see “Log in Security”. What am I to do afterward? Does it mean the site is now secured, please explain in simple English because I’m a little lost

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You have lost me.  Not sure what you are looking at.  Maybe take a screenshot of what you are seeing and then post a link to your screenshot so I can see what you are talking about.

Adebayo
    Participant

In your tutorial, you have a place for email alert https://snag.gy/CKLn6Y.jpg but when opening my dashboard area for “Security Log”, I can’t find any field for an email alert. Then, I was asking what you meant by your last statement of you checking my site. Explain this statement  below:

“This site has BPS installed and I just checked/tested the BPS 403.php Security Logging template on this site and saw the BPS 403 Forbidden template page displayed. If this is your site then do you see a Security Log entry now?”

Does it mean my site is good to go with the security set up?. Also what should be done in the “Login Security” page https://snag.gy/tbARIi.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.