Setup Wizard: 3 Red Notices: Unable to create admin/core,wizard,login .htaccess

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Setup Wizard: 3 Red Notices: Unable to create admin/core,wizard,login .htaccess

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok now I know what is going on.  That BPS video tutorial is very old and is pending a new updated video tutorial.  All email settings have been moved to a new menu/page in the BPS free plugin.  That menu/page name is > Email|Log Settings.

I made a logical guess and did a Google search for “mavlons”, which is the name in your hosting account folder path and found the mavlons.com site.  What I was checking for was to see if the Security Logging problem was being caused by the Sucuri plugin, which is a very common known problem.  It looks like you do not have the Sucuri plugin installed since I could successfully see the BPS Security Logging template file displayed.  The check I did was only to eliminate that possibility and nothing else.  So my check has nothing to do with whether or not BPS is setup correctly and was only to eliminate that the Sucuri plugin was breaking BPS Security Logging.

You don’t need to do anything in BPS Login Security.  When you run the Setup Wizard all BPS plugin option settings are saved with optimum default settings, which you can change of course if you prefer to change any of the default option settings.

You have one or more plugins installed that are breaking BPS plugin pages visually.  We have finally figured out a way to fix this very common problem that occurs in 1,000’s of WordPress plugins without causing performance problems for BPS plugin pages.  That new feature improvement in the BPS Script|Style Loader Filter (SLF) option setting will be included in the next BPS plugin version release in the next couple of weeks.  For now you will just have to live with visually broken BPS plugin pages.

Adebayo
    Participant

I haven’t gotten a reply concerning this

=============
    In your tutorial, you have a place for email alert https://snag.gy/CKLn6Y.jpg but when opening my dashboard area for “Security Log”, I can’t find any field for an email alert. Then, I was asking what you meant by your last statement of you checking my site. Explain this statement  below:

“This site has BPS installed and I just checked/tested the BPS 403.php Security Logging template on this site and saw the BPS 403 Forbidden template page displayed. If this is your site then do you see a Security Log entry now?”

Does it mean my site is good to go with the security set up?. Also what should be done in the “Login Security” page https://snag.gy/tbARIi.jpg

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

All email settings have been moved to a new menu/page in the BPS free plugin.  That menu/page name is > Email|Log Settings.

Yes, your website security is set up.

Nothing else needs to be done on the Login Security page.

Adebayo
    Participant

Thanks

Adebayo
    Participant

Hello dear, thanks for your support so far but please after the setup, I still have spam mails coming in. what should i do or is there a way to blacklist the source. Ok thanks but are u assuring me while the wait is on, nothing will harm the site despite these broken pages

See a sample of the mails I got even yesterday

https://snag.gy/woUriH.jpg,

https://snag.gy/3Sxf4V.jpg,

https://snag.gy/JIKgbR.jpg

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You have WooCommerce installed, which has its own Registration, Login and Accounts pages.  The BPS free plugin does not offer the JTC CAPTCHA option for WooCommerce (BPS Pro only), which blocks/prevents 100% of automated Bot Registrations and Logins.  If the Registrations are being done by a human spammer then there is nothing that is significantly effective that you can do to block them in an automated way.  You can try to manually block human spammers by email addresses or IP addresses, but you would be wasting your time because spammers can use 100’s to 1000’s of different IP addresses and email addresses.  You could try installing another WordPress plugin, such as Akismet, that specializes in spam prevention.  Another possibility could be that someone has created a WooCommerce plugin that adds a CAPTCHA for WooCommerce.  I recommend that you search the WordPress Plugin Repository and search for a WooCommerce CAPTCHA plugin that adds a CAPTCHA for WooCommerce.

This WordPress WooCommerce CAPTCHA plugin looks good > https://wordpress.org/plugins/no-captcha-recaptcha-for-woocommerce/

Adebayo
    Participant

I had that installed even before I used bps but it did not work. Your other team rep said I should wait for a couple of weeks for bps update that will have a filter that can solve the problem

Kaitlin
    Participant

I’m getting these errors, and once the system identifies them, my WordPress site goes down.  Any attempt to click on anything in the dashboard, or to visit the website itself, results in the system just downloading a .PHP file instead of loading the new webpage.  This has occurred twice now.  It leaves me unable to access the dashboard to try and fix anything.  What is going on and how can I fix this so it stops crashing the site and preventing me from accessing anything?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Kaitlin – Sounds like you either have old or incorrect php.ini handler htaccess code saved in BPS Root Custom Code text box #1 or your web host no longer uses php.ini handler htaccess code. Do these steps below.

Delete the BPS root htaccess file
    Resave your php version in your control panel (MultiPHP tool). This will either create a new root htaccess file with php.ini handler htaccess code in it or it won’t create any php.ini handler htaccess code.
    If you see php.ini handler htaccess code in your Root htaccess file then copy it to the BPS Root Custom Code text box #1. Important: Delete any existing old php.ini handler code that is in text box #1.
    If you do not see any php.ini handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file then delete any php.ini handler htaccess code that you see in BPS Root Custom Code text box #1.
    Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    Activate Root folder BulletProof Mode again.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.