Setup Wizard – Error: Unable to create DB Table

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Setup Wizard – Error: Unable to create DB Table

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Taylor
    Participant

Hello, after I run the setup wizard I get the error message below. I am using a custom Prefix for my wordpress database, to increase security. Should I ignore this error because my database prefix is custom???

Error: Unable to create DB Table wp_””_bpspro_arq_quarantine
    Error: Unable to create DB Table wp_””_bpspro_arq_exclude
    Error: Unable to create DB Table wp_””_bpspro_seclog_ignore
    Error: Unable to create DB Table wp_””_bpspro_login_security
    Error: Unable to create DB Table wp_””_bpspro_pfw_override
    Error: Unable to create DB Table wp_””_bpspro_dbm_monitor
    Error: Unable to create DB Table wp_””_bpspro_db_backup

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Looks like you are not using a valid MySQL database table prefix naming convention.  You should ONLY use lowercase letters, numbers and underscores in your DB Table Prefix name.  You can use the BPS DB Table Prefix Changer to do this.

Aaron Taylor
    Participant

I put the “” to hide my prefix. But the actual prefix I am using is valid.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Reinstall BPS Pro first to see if there is a problem with the BPS Pro installation.  Use the BPS Pro upload zip installer and re-install the bulletproof-security.zip file.  If the problem is still occurring…

How did you change your DB Table Prefix?  Is your DB Table Prefix correct in your database when you check it via phpMyAdmin? Does it match your wp-config.php file $table_prefix = 'xxxxxxx_'; variable?

What type of server do you have?  Post this information below from the BPS System Info page:

Server Type:
    Operating System:
    WP Filesystem API Method:
    Server API:

Aaron Taylor
    Participant

I changed the prefix in the WP-config.php file after the wordpress installation, and it does match the prefix in my database. But I just noticed that there are uppercase letters in the wp-config.php file, and all lowercase in the PHPMyadmin database. Would this cause a problem?

Currently this is still a local host install. I would like to setup BPS before FTPing to the live site/server.

Server Type: Apache/2.4.7 (Win32) OpenSSL/0.9.8y PHP/5.4.22
    Operating System: WINNT

WP Filesystem API Method: direct
    Server API: apache2handler DSO Host Server Type

and also when I look in the phpmyadmin database I can see the database tables (arq_exlclude arq_quarantine etc….) that were created with BPS. So I think it is an issue with the config file having a mix of lower and uppercase. I will change this and if that doesn’t work I will re-install.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep I think the upper/lower case DB Table Prefix naming convention might be the problem.  XAMPP and other Local Server installations are typically on Windows or Macs (or Ubuntu LAMP) and things are done slightly differently then Live Hosted Production sites on a Linux server.  So even though the DB Table Prefix is shown in lowercase, what might be happening is Windows is seeing uppercase.  Never actually tested this, but in theory that is a logical possibility.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6134006/are-table-names-in-mysql-case-sensitive

Database and table names are not case sensitive in Windows, and case sensitive in most varieties of Unix.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I just tested changing the $table_prefix = 'WP_'; variable to uppercase in the wp-config.php file on a XAMPP local site and this is the error message that I see: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page. I was unable to login to the site. I changed the prefix back to lowercase and logged in then changed it back to uppercase and I was kicked out of the XAMPP website. So yes this is definitely a problem on XAMPP. I am doing a vhost server configuration and some other advanced things on my Local XAMPP Dev server so someone else may not see that particular error message. In any case, I have confirmed that yes that is a problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.