Change WordPress Single site to Network/Multisite

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Change WordPress Single site to Network/Multisite

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

Hi eddy.Currently my installation is on singlesite and am thinking of passing it to multisite with subfolders.My question is, I have to install BPS on all blog created or the Main BPS protects them all?Thank you.Best regards.Translated by Google.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The BulletProof Security Network/Multisite setup/help information is here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#network-multisite

BPS Pro only needs to be setup on the Primary site and NOT the virtual subsites.  This will protect all of your Network/MU sites.

Andre
    Participant

Hi, but when I uploaded it in network sites plugins, You get the impression, that it can ONLY be activated for all sites.

But one has to go to the site, that is active after making the WP a multisite. There is the possibility to activate the plugin, ONLY when You have made the setting before in network settings that site administrators are allowed to activate plugins (bottom of /network/settings) I suppose.

Cheers.

Andre

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, I agree that multisite plugin installation is confusing.  I actually still get confused every single time I upgrade BPS Pro on multisite testing sites.  😉  So yes you do the upgrade in the Network Admin section of Multisite and do not Network Activate BPS Pro.  Then go to your Primary Site under Multisite and activate BPS Pro on the Primary site ONLY and not any virtual subsites.  If BPS Pro is activated on any subsite then this will cause problems on all other sites under the Multisite installation.  Only Super Admins can see or activate BPS Pro.

Also I will be creating a new Multisite Guide sometime today or tomorrow that will cover Multisite help more extensively.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.