Website blank, white

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Website blank, white

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    jenni101
    Participant

Good to hear – actually i was right in the middle of updating when i saw your last post, so i thought I was in for a busy day again! But all good – and oddly I had to upload twice too to make it work, as it said there was a file missing first time round.

Anaimation
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem. A programmer was working on some Theme customizations remotely so I de-activated the BPS Pro to allow changes. I logged in and was having problems backing-up with Ultradraft PRO so I deactivated it and activated BPS and now I get a white screen. I tried renaming the plugin folder, I already deleted the BPS folder and Ultradraft plugin folder and even the .htaccess inside the plugins folder, that was putting a firewall. Still nothing… white screen front and back. I installed the BPS plugin via FTP and nothing. Still white screen…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A blank/white site can be caused by many different things that may or may not be related to the BPS Pro plugin.  Deactivating and activating BPS Pro just unschedules/schedules all Cron Jobs and nothing else.  If you are installing something manually or remotely then you would follow the AutoRestore|Quarantine manual file modification procedures:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

BPS Pro has built-in troubleshooting and should not be deactivated for troubleshooting.  BPS Pro now also has XTF tools.  See the standard BPS Pro troubleshooting steps:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Send this log file:  /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/autorestore_log.txt to info at ait-pro dot com so I can take a look at it.

Anaimation
    Participant

Please, I can’t have access to the back-end so I can modify settings of anything. I just need access to my website please. I am sure it is related to BPS Pro since I didn’t do anything else before it went blank and I need to work on it asap. I can pay to recover the access if needed. The file you requested has this info:

[log file contents copied and then deleted]

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Can you see the BPS Pro XTF Form page or is it blank too?  Enter this URL path after your website URL:  /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php.

Anaimation
    Participant

White screen also from this link:

/wp-content/plugins/<wbr />bulletproof-security/admin/<wbr />xternal/xternal.php

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Not sure what wbr means in the path your posted above.  Do these steps:

Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.
    Upload new theme files: /wp-content/themes/howl-theme-child/
    Your site should now be displaying normally.
    Go to this folder: /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/wp-content/themes/ and delete this folder: /howl-theme-child/
    Go to AutoRestore and create 2 new wp-content folder exclude rules for these 2 folders:
    updraft
    themes
    See this video tutorial for how to create AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rules:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#autorestore-quarantine
    Run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard again.

Anaimation
    Participant

My Theme has a lot of custom made modifications!!! All that will be lost!!! The link didn’t have those extra. All those customizations are in the Child Theme. I didn’t know it would be such a nightmare to install this plugin. If I get this to work again, I won’t use it! Is there a way I can pay someone qualified from BPS team to do this for me? I don’t feel comfortable doing it myself since I am afraid I will loose all the customizations of my Theme.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

No, the problem is you did not follow standard AutoRestore procedures:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps when manually modifying files remotely.  ARQ is amazing, but ARQ is not capable of being able to tell if you are a hacker or the legitimate website owner if you are modifying files outside of WordPress.  Modifying files remotely is exactly what a hacker would do and is exactly what AutoRestore is designed to protect your site from.  So AutoRestore is working exactly the way it is designed to work to protect your website.  By creating the “themes” AutoRestore exclude rule you will no longer have to use the standard AutoRestore procedures because the exclude rule will not check your /themes/ folder.  That of course means that the /themes/ folder will no longer be monitored or protected by AutoRestore.  Or you can follow the standard AutoRestore procedures when manually modifying files remotely.  That choice is up to you.  You can always restore all files from a backup if you do not want to do the steps above.

If you would like for me to fix the problem then I need these things:

An FTP login to this site and a WordPress Administrator login to this site.
    Your theme files in a zip file.
    Send these things to info at ait-pro dot com

Anaimation
    Participant

Right away, email coming to you.

THANK YOU!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  This is a very simple thing to fix.  Should take me about 3-5 minutes to fix this.  Thanks.

Anaimation
    Participant

Ok, I just sent an email with subject “Anaimation Design Website” Please help me recover my website. I will gladly pay for it.

Thanks,
    Angeles

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  I received your email.  BPS Pro technical support is free and for something this quick and simple to fix it would be silly to ask you to pay anything.  Will have this fixed shortly.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.