Site inaccessable after update to WP 5.0

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Site inaccessable after update to WP 5.0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RobB
    Participant

I saw an automated message from my hosting provider that they had updated WordPress to version 5.0.
    And a few minutes later BPS pro announced that it has quarantined all new files.
    My website is not showing anymore.

Is there a way, to correct all?

I  am seeing messages like:

Warning: require(/data/www/domainname.n/www/wp-includes/rest-api/search/class-wp-rest-search-handler.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/www/domainname.n/www/wp-settings.php on line 247 

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/data/www/domainname.n/www/wp-includes/rest-api/search/class-wp-rest-search-handler.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /data/www/domainname.n/www/wp-settings.php on line 247

Thanks ahead,

Rob Bindels

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do the steps in this forum topic to fix the problem > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/website-not-loading-after-wordpress-upgrade-or-theme-upgrade-500-error-files-quarantined/

Recommendation: Contact your web host and request that they do not automatically upgrade WordPress. WordPress itself offers automatic upgrades, which works with BPS Pro automation.

RobB
    Participant

Did not put BPS pro back, but the other steps worked.
    The provider allways adds a plugin which checks for the updates they offer.
    But I can switch off major versions.

Thanks,

RobB

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok well you can always turn Off AutoRestore|Quarantine and just not use it.  It is pretty rare when a hacker makes it through all the many layers of security in BPS Pro.  AutoRestore|Quarantine is the final unbeatable layer of security protection for a website if a hacker somehow manages to get through all the other layers of security in BPS Pro (very, very rarely happens).

bbmedia
    Participant

This is happening with *all* of our site where we have set it to automatically update WP core – it is *NOT* being done by the server but is a standard WP process. We do not allow the Cpanel service to do any automated updates, and none of our WP setups are installed via that mechanism.

This is a big pain in the butt – we have had to re-install WP 4.9.8 and then do a manual update in each case.

We have had to do this before on major core updates as well on sites which auto-update.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ bbmedia – WordPress Major automatic updates tend to be problematic for ARQ Automation if there are other various conditions/factors involved on a particular website/server and even somewhat in general because WordPress Major automatic updates replace/remove/delete/add/install WP Core files that ARQ Automation uses to do what it does.  WordPress Minor automatic updates on the other hand typically run smoothly without any issues since WP Core files that ARQ Automation uses to do what it does are not being replaced/removed/deleted/added/installed.  It is highly recommended that you only allow WordPress Minor automatic updates and not allow WordPress Major automatic updates to avoid the possibility of WP Core files being quarantined.

bbmedia
    Participant

Makes sense. Fair enough.

We have already turned off all of our sites which were on automated major updates. We will keep them that way, and do the updates manually.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.