UrlJet Hosting – Site not accessible, 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro UrlJet Hosting – Site not accessible, 403 error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jon

I am following the quick 5 minute install video, but when I get to the B-Core Activate BulletProof Mode, after doing the first one I get this error:

403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied!

Then I have to use FTP to manually delete the root .htaccess file else the site or admin panel are not accessable. This is strange because it has worked ok on the two other sites on the same server.
    Could it be due to the 3.5 that just came out?
    Thanks,
    Jon
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bulletproof-security/
    Edit: to answer your question, this particular error is for a 3rd site I have on the same host. The other two were fine, but this error has appeared on this one. It is a brand new installation of WordPress 3.4 and just upgraded to 3.5. That is why it seems strange. There is no Hotlink protection set up under CPanel.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The only issue/problem occurring with BPS Pro 5.3.2 and WP 3.5 is a jQuery issue/problem.  Installing BPS Pro 5.3.3 fixes that jQuery issue/problem.

Did you click the [obsolete-removed] buttons before activating BulletProof Modes?
    Which Web Host is this?
    Does this Host allow 404 root .htaccess file permissions?

Take a quick look at the BPS Pro Troubleshooting Forum Post here and see if any of these things are causing the issue/problem >>> http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/

If you would like for me to login and figure out the problem then create a temporary WordPress Admin login account for me (with a secure password) and send it using the Contact Form >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/contact/  Thanks

Jon

The webhost is URLJet and the plugin has worked fine on two previous sites on that host. The fact that it worked on my two other sites means I assume the host does allow 404 root .htaccess file permissions, although I am not quite sure how I would find that out.
    Yes, I used the [obsolete-removed] buttons. I followed the exact steps in the 5 minute install video.
    Yes, I did look at the troubleshooting thread, hence the checking of cpanel hotlinking.
    I will send you an email.

Jon

The captcha on your form doesn’t show. Do you have alternative way of sending you message?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm that is odd that you are not seeing the CAPTCHA for the contact form.  I can see it fine.  Which Browser are you using?  You can send the login info to me directly >>> edward at ait-pro dot com

Jon

I tried both IE and Firefox. Will email.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Cause of the problem:

BPS Pro is designed to check you PHP version and your DNS Name Server and if both conditions match then BPS Pro will automatically add  php/php.ini handler code to your Root .htaccess file.

This failed on this particular website for this reason.  The DNS Name Server is showing as a bluehost Name Server for whatever reason?  Not really sure why that is.  So BPS Pro was automatically creating a php/php.ini handler that does not work on your Server since BPS was seeing that you DNS Name Server was a BlueHost Name Server.

Host by Address: vps708.urljet.comDNS Name Server: ns2.bluehost.com

Solution:

The BPS Pro Custom Code feature allows you to prevent/block automatic creation of php/php.ini handler code in your Root .htaccess file by  adding a text line commented out as shown below – # DO NOT REMOVE ME – Block php/php.ini handler automatic creation in the Root .htaccess file.

Root htaccess File Custom Code

CUSTOM CODE TOP: Add php.ini handler code and / or miscellaneous custom code here ONLY add valid htaccess code below or text commented out with a pound sign #

# DO NOT REMOVE ME – Block php/php.ini handler automatic creation in the Root .htaccess file

You would save your Custom Code and activate your Root folder BulletProof Mode again.

In your Root .htaccess file you will now see this:

# CUSTOM CODE TOP# DO NOT REMOVE ME – Block php/php.ini handler automatic creation in the Root .htaccess file

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

And yep i have 3 plugins that are not working correctly on the WordPress 3.5 upgrade and one of them is my Contact form plugin.  Ugh.

Jon

Thanks for looking into it. That is very strange. I am onto my host about that to get it fixed. Once done, I will try to reinstall so that the BPS installation is just like my other sites on URLJet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.