ICEcoder 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro ICEcoder 403 error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rob Bernstein
    Participant

Hi

I have a VPS and have Icecoder installed in /home/xxx.biz/ice/. I have a symbolic link to this directory from a number of other sites, all of which work successfully (eg zzz.net/ice/)

However, on the only site where I am using WP Multisite (yyy.net), I get a 403 error when I attempt to connect to yyy.net/ice.

I have added the following code into the root .htaccess, without success:

# Icecoder symbolic link
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/ice/ [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=13]

S=13 is the next number in the file.

Any suggestions? – many thanks
    ROB

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Is the app called ICEcoder by http://icecoder.net/

What type of Network/Multisite site do you have?  Subdirectory or Subdomain?

Rob Bernstein
    Participant

Thanks for prompt response!

Yes, Icecoder as you say. I am using sub-directory MS.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Since this is a 3rd party app you can use this standard method for the “ice” folder and do not need to create a Symbolic link or use the Symbolic link code that you posted above.

1. Copy this code below to this BPS Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE WP REWRITE LOOP START: Add www to non-www/non-www to www code here 
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# RewriteRule for Custom 3rd party Apps outside of WP
    RewriteRule ^ice/ - [L]

NOTE: For websites where WordPress is installed in a root folder the RewriteBase is /: RewriteBase /. If WordPress is installed in a subfolder the RewriteBase will have the WordPress subfolder name. If you are unsure what the correct RewriteBase is for your site then check your Root .htaccess file. BPS will always automatically create the correct RewriteBase for your website in the BPS Root .htaccess file.

Example: WordPress is installed in a subfolder named: /public_html/wp-subfolder-site/. The RewriteBase would be: RewriteBase /wp-subfolder-site/

Rob Bernstein
    Participant

Sorry for the long delay, but I ran out of time on this.  Report back: I have done as you said, but get a “Page not found error” (on yyy.net). Thinking further: there is no link between /home/xxx.biz/ice/ and yyy.net/ice. Surely this is needed?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you’re asking me then you are in trouble.  ha ha ha.  I have no idea what your website architecture/structure is or how ICEcoder is supposed to work.

Have you already done the standard BPS Pro troubleshooting steps to see if BPS Pro has anything at all to do with this issue?  BPS logs all website errors whether they are related to or caused by BPS.  Since I have no idea really what your site or sites plural structure is then I cannot offer advice for each of the different sites.  Logically you would want to do troubleshooting steps 1, 2 and 3 and test.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

1. On the Security Modes page, click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Deactivate button. See Custom Code Note if doing this step works.
    2. On the Security Modes page, click the wp-admin Folder BulletProof Mode Deactivate button. See Custom Code Note if doing this step works.

Also post a BPS Pro Security Log entry that has to do with ICEcoder.  The log entry may provide clues as to what is being blocked.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.