Plugin Firewall – Plugin Firewall htaccess File Does Not Exist

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Plugin Firewall – Plugin Firewall htaccess File Does Not Exist

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hi there,
    BPS Pro was telling me that I was missing an .htaccess for the Plugins directory,
    I couldn’t find a button to generate one from BPS so I used the BPS one that was generated for the root.
    Most of my plugins that rely on javascript files being loaded are no longer working as a result.
    Can anyone provide me with a proper .htaccess for the plugins page?
    Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You cannot manually create or copy the Plugin Firewall .htaccess file to the plugins folder.  This needs to be done by using the Plugin Firewall Whitelist tools on the B-Core Security Modes page.  The Plugin Firewall .htaccess file is dynamically updated with your current IP address whenever it changes so if there is a problem with creating the Plugin Firewall initially then there will be a problem with dynamically updating the Plugin Firewall .htaccess file whenever your IP address changes. 

Please see this BPS Pro setup Video Tutorial for the correct Plugin Firewall setup steps >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2841/bulletproof-security-pro/bulletproof-security-pro-overview-video-tutorial/

NOTE:  The video tutorial does not include the Custom Scan feature that was added in BPS Pro 5.4.1.  Please click on the Blue Read Me help button for the Plugin Firewall for extensive help information about how to use the Custom Scan feature.

BPS Pro 5.5 is tentatively scheduled for release in a few days and significant changes have been made which require a new Setup Video Tutorial to be created.  That new Video Tutorial will be posted at the same time that BPS Pro 5.5 is released.

James
    Participant

Upon initial setup of BPS Pro, I used the short version, I probably missed the plugin firewall, I had no idea it was there.
    It was a little difficult to find the part where you mention the plugin firewall but I managed to find it eventually. Perhaps in the new video you could include an index with timestamps for the video for easy access.
    I got everything going 100% now.
    Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep an index is a good idea.  We are also planning on creating separate video tutorials that focus on each feature specifically so that full details and explanation can be added without having to make 1 extremely long video tutorial.  😉  After BPS Pro 5.5 is released we will be at a great point in BPS Pro development to create several video tutorials.  When BPS Pro 5.6 is released most of the existing video tutorials will still be current and new video tutorials will not need to be created.

James
    Participant

Wonderful!
    Looking forward to the exciting new things.
    You can be sure that I will be recommending this plugin to my affiliates and coworkers.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A new Plugin Firewall Read Me First Troubleshooting post has been created here >>> http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/plugin-firewall-read-me-first-troubleshooting/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.