The view file in quarantine view all files regardless of selection

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro The view file in quarantine view all files regardless of selection

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aoba
    Participant

Hello there,

so as you know from my previous issue, now I’m dealing with some php errors.

Now, when i try to view only one error log in the quarantine, it’s still open all, and this page, it opened about 144 of them and froze my browser.

https://imgur.com/a/vrMtFkJ

As well .. All the errors are regarding the same file, but as it’s updated at different intervals, it’s counted as each occurrence in the auto-restore.

What if I don’t want to view all the 144 files, and just want to view the changes from all the files!? Checking the timestamps of the last captured file and opening it, only view the single new error that’s different from the original saved in BPS backup.

Hope you got my point.

Or there is something that I’m not aware of.

sorry for blabbering too much.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Quarantine table displays all the database rows for files in Quarantine.  It is necessary and essential to have duplicate quarantined files/database rows displayed in the Quarantine table for many reasons.  It is also necessary and essential to display all the duplicate files/database rows at the same time when using the View File option for many reasons.  I could explain all the technical and logical reasons for doing this, but that is not important to do.

So the simple solution is to exclude the error_log files in Quarantine from being checked by AutoRestore|Quarantine by using the “Exclude Folders|Files from being checked by AutoRestore” form at the top of the Quarantine page.  Since the error_log files are safe to exclude from being checked by ARQ then this is standard procedure to exclude these files from being checked by ARQ.

https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

Issue|Problem:
    • Files are being repeatedly quarantined. For this example I will use the error_log file.

Solution:
    Do these steps below to create an AutoRestore single file exclude rule for /xxxxx/public_html/error_log file. Note: This example is using the error_log file path for this example. If the file and file path that is being quarantined is a different filename and file path then use that filename and file path for your AutoRestore single file exclude rule.

Note: You can also exclude folders and files using the Exclude Folders|Files from being checked by AutoRestore form at the top of the Quarantine page.

1. Go to the AutoRestore page and turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Go to the Quarantine page and restore the error_log file that was quarantined.
    3. Go back to AutoRestore > click on the Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files tab page > under the Exclude Folders & Files form > select Exclude an Individual File > Enter an Exclude Folder or File Path: /xxxxx/public_html/error_log
    4. Click the Exclude button.
    5. Turn AutoRestore back on.

aoba
    Participant

But i find the error log useful to know what’s breaking and not working.. is there another way to monitor the changes in the log file?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well that is not intended usage for Quarantine, but I agree it is useful… initially, but it becomes a headache after a while.  I have a similar scenario occurring on some of my sites that get attacked regularly and frequently. The attacks cause php errors in the server’s default error_log files every day all day long.  What I am doing to monitor some of those default server error_log files is I have added some of the error_log files in the BPS Pro > PHP Options > File Manager.  I then check those error_log files using the BPS Pro > PHP Options > File Editor every few days to see if the jackass is still trying and failing to exploit/attack a couple of files on those sites.  I’ve set up an email task reminder in my email application to remind me to check those files every few days.

aoba
    Participant

Good suggestion,

However, after doing that the following error popped up

[04-Dec-2021 21:00:23 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/db-monitor/db-monitor.php on line 1774
    [04-Dec-2021 21:00:23 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/db-monitor/db-monitor.php on line 1847
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The File Manager and File Editor are not related to the BPS Pro DB Monitor feature.  So those php errors just coincidentally occurred around the same time.  The php errors occurred for the static display on the DB Monitor > DB Status & Info > General DB Info static display > Queries per Minute under the SHOW GLOBAL DB Status and SHOW SESSION DB Status columns.  Looks like another insignificant nick nack php error to fix.  😉

aoba
    Participant

OK, then i’m looking forward the next update 😀

Here is another issue with the manual scan.

[05-Dec-2021 18:32:10 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$option_name in /home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/mscan-ajax-functions.php on line 1796

It’s not working, just opening the pop-up window and stays loading white page.

wp-admin/admin.php?page=bulletproof-security%2Fadmin%2Fmscan%2Fmscan-scan-status.php

aoba
    Participant

Sorry to use this thread for reporting, but i noticed this error on another installation

[05-Dec-2021 15:55:51 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined array key “HTTP_REFERER” in /home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/403.php on line 165

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

hmm not sure why MScan is not working on your website/server.  Send me a WordPress Administrator login to your site to: info at ait-pro dot com.  So I can try and figure out the problem on your website/server.

All the other php errors are insignificant php errors, including the MScan php error.  All the BPS code works/functions fine. So nothing to worry about.  These php errors are PHP 8 super critical code correctness issues, which is a good thing.  PHP 7.x increased their code correctness standards and PHP 8 went even further to increase their code correctness standards.

aoba
    Participant

We have to appreciate every bit of extra security. Thanks for keeping BPS up to date.

Also I’ve sent you an email.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.