Media Manager Uploads – Failed to write file to disk error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Media Manager Uploads – Failed to write file to disk error

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually it is going to be different depending on your Server platform.  In any case, check out this post.  One of these things will work for your particular Server.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-upload-problem-the-uploaded-file-could-not-be-moved-to-error/page/2?replies=42

Darn, nope, 755 and no difference.   I tested too by just taking out the .htaccess in the uploads folder, and that did not make a difference.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It’s going to be an Ownership issue then.  Try apache:apache and then try your-actual-user-account-name:your-actual-user-account-name.  Other Server platforms use different default account names so not sure what yours would be.

I tried that and it didn’t help – spent all frigging day trying to figure it out. Kept thinking it had to be something simple I am overlooking – because when things like this happen and are so perplexing – it always ends up being something simple (once it’s found).

Early on I checked  my server and saw I had plenty of space on it.

What I overlooked, and it finally came up on my server control panel as a big red error message, was that that particular site was maxed out on it’s quota of disk space.

All I had to do is increase the quota. There was plenty of space on the server as a whole.

Arrgh!!

Once I did that, it was fine and happy.

Thank you for all the assistance in trying different things. Early on we ruled out it having anything to do with the program I bought from you, but you kept helping and helping. You went above and beyond the call of duty and I very much appreciate it.

Chris

Ha – now I can get back to what I started working on about 10 hours ago 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It is always the simple stuff that gets ya.  I almost mentioned that you check disk space, but I assumed that you had already checked that.  Got me too.  😉  In any case, the uploads folder should be set to 755 permissions on a permanent basis and if you need to change that to 777 for any reason then you would do that on a temporary basis.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.