Unable to Copy and Rename the uploads.htaccess file to /uploads/.htaccess

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Unable to Copy and Rename the uploads.htaccess file to /uploads/.htaccess

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh ok then yeah you would not need to do any of other things I mentioned.  Those were additional things to check if the problem was not occurring in the wp-config.php file. 😉

webstar
    Participant

I’d just like to add for other users that my last 2 plugins I installed that I believe MAY have caused the issue with the path to the uploads folder was:

YouTube Pro (by EmbedPlus)

or

Super Forms from Themeforest

I don’t want to say these are the ones, but, they were the last 2 I installed recently when I noticed the issue with BPS Pro and being unable to upload a theme to my multisite or secondary sites. It’s quite possible it’s another plugin since I don’t really know when the issue truly existed.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What is interesting is that for WordPress Network/Multisite the /uploads/ path is defined by default.  So that means you should not have had to add the “define uploads” code in your wp-config.php file.  A standard WP Network/Multisite site and a WPMU Multisite may differ from each other.  I believe they are pretty much the same these days, but originally they were different from each other.  I don’t believe WPMU requires the “define uploads” code in a wp-config.php file, but I may be wrong about that since I am not a WPMU expert.  What is more likely is that one of your plugins is incorrectly “redefining” the uploads folder path.  You could use the BPS Pro > Pro-Tools > String|Function Finder tool and search your plugins folder for any code throughout all of your plugins code that uses either “UPLOADS” or “wp_upload_dir”.  That would isolate any/all plugins that are doing anything with the WordPress /uploads/ folder, but after you have a list of plugins that are doing anything with the WP uploads folder, you would then have to figure out which plugin is causing the problem/has a coding mistake, etc.  Note:  BPS Pro obviously does stuff with the WP uploads folder, but BPS Pro does not cause this type of problem and there are no known problems with BPS Pro and the WP uploads folder.  Since you have found a working solution then you probably don’t want to bother with using the String|Function Finder tool  to try and track down where the root problem is coming from (ie which plugin or your theme). 😉

Example String|Function Finder tool usage
    Find Strings|Functions:
    Search String:  you would search for UPLOADS and then you would do another search for wp_upload_dir.
    Search Path:  you would enter the path to your /plugins/ folder.  To search your theme files you would enter the path to your /my-theme/ folder.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.