WP Fastest Cache – add htaccess code to BPS Custom Code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free WP Fastest Cache – add htaccess code to BPS Custom Code

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Philip Hunt
    Participant

Hi,

Had BPS Free for a year or so on a WordPress site, and it’s been problem free – thanks for helping secure my (very simple) WP website. But lately I’ve been trying to speed it up and tried a couple of caching plugins. Have now enabled WP Fastest Cache, and enabled it to modify the .htaccess file.

Now realise that this was probably wrong (doh), as the plugin simply put the code in htaccess above the BPS code (and that file is not even being used?). Now realise that I can copy the code across to the right secure htaccess file in your BPS plugin edtor, but the new code should probably not go above the BPS code, but somewhere below it.

Can you advise please where to place the new code, to ensure BPS still does its job? The site is shoeman,eu/. BTW, as you can probably tell, I’m not a programmer!

Thanks and regards,
    slampo

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE: BPS Pro 13+ and BPS 2.0+ versions have a feature called: Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoWhitelist|AutoSetup|AutoCleanup) that automatically creates plugin and theme whitelist rules and automatically sets up and cleans up caching plugins htaccess code.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/is-wp-fastest-cache-usable-with-bps-prevent-russian-spam-registrations?replies=9#post-6055611

1. You would copy and paste the WP Fastest Cache htaccess code to this BPS Root Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Philip Hunt
    Participant

Thanks for that. Have followed these steps. But unable to confirm that the new secure htaccess file has incorporated the cache code – cannot see it there. And Pingdom seems to be down at the moment – so no idea if any improvement or not. Plus it’s Friday night and I’m tired – will have to recheck later …

Thanks and regards,

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE: BPS Pro 13+ and BPS 2.0+ versions have a feature called: Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoWhitelist|AutoSetup|AutoCleanup) that automatically creates plugin and theme whitelist rules and automatically sets up and cleans up caching plugins htaccess code.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-white-screen-frequently-with-caching-plugin-wpfc?replies=5#post-6275419

The WP Fastest Cache plugin has been tested and these are the steps below to add the WP Fastest Cache htaccess code to BPS Custom Code:

The WP Fastest Cache plugin does use htaccess code to do Browser and Gzip caching.

1. Make sure your root htaccess file is NOT locked first on the BPS htaccess File Editor tab page (click the Unlock htaccess File button) to allow WP Fastest Cache to write to your root htaccess file and create its htaccess code in your root htacces file.

Note:  If you have BPS Pro installed then you would also need to unlock the wp-config.php file if it is locked in F-Lock and then deactivate and activate the WP Fastest Cache plugin before doing Step 2.

2. Choose your WP Fastest Cache settings: I do not recommend that you use any of the Minify or Combine option settings. In my personal experience automated minification is not a one size fits all thing and should ONLY be done manually by manually combining scripts.

3. Copy all of the WP Fastest Cache htaccess code that you see in your root htaccess file. Example: # BEGIN WpFastestCache to # END WpFastestCache and # BEGIN GzipWpFastestCache to # END GzipWpFastestCache to this BPS Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE

4. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    5. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.
    6. Lock your root htaccess file again by clicking the Lock htaccess File button on the htaccess File Editor tab page.

Walter Tengler
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the WP fastest cache plugin. Does it makes sense to use the Speed Boost custom code too in addition to the code of the fastest cache plugin? And if so, where should it go then, before WP fastest cache custom code or after.

Thanks
    Walter

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Walter Tengler – Just use the WP Fastest Cache caching code since using both WPFC and BPS Speed Boost Cache code would be redundant.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.