Upgrade to BPS Pro 5.8

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Upgrade to BPS Pro 5.8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Young Master
    Participant

I cant update BPS Pro to version 5.8. What might be the cause of the problem?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Please explain in exact specific detail what the issue/problem is.  Please post all relevant details about what you are doing and what is not working – in exact specific detail.

Young Master
    Participant

I usually check the plugins updates via wordpress updates page or plugins page. But I dont understand why I cant see the update for BPS Pro. I tried to check if your IP is blocked in my control panel and found out it wasnt blocked. I tried to deactivate other plugins and then checked again for the updates again and saw nothing.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

WordPress normally checks for plugin updates twice daily. To force a BPS Pro upgrade/update check go to the WordPress Plugins page and click on the BulletProof Security Pro Manual Upgrade Check link:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-upgrade/#post-5214.

Important Note: Never update/upgrade all of your plugins at the same time. And especially BPS Pro and other WordPress plugins at the same time. The BPS Pro plugin is stored on the AITpro.com API Server and other plugins are of course stored on the WordPress.org Server.  If you update all of your plugins from 2 different Servers at the same time then you will end up having to restore plugin files from Quarantine.  When updating/upgrading all plugins at the same time the AutoRestore exclude filter is not auto-restored in time to stop plugin files from being sent to Quarantine – NEVER upgrade BPS Pro and other WordPress plugins at the same time and ONLY install BPS Pro upgrades separately.

You should also clear your Browser cache and plugin cache if you are using a caching plugin.

Young Master
    Participant

I did the above steps u stated even before you told me and I have already contact my hosting to check if they are blocking BPS Pro Server API and they said that they are not blocking it.

Young Master
    Participant

Wait a minute…there is this http: //www.modsecurity.org open-source web application firewall that is used to block common website-based attacks. I think this might be the one blocking your server API IP address since its enabled for my website. Let me disable it and see if I can update BPS Pro.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can choose to download the BulletProof Security Pro upgrade zip file from the AITpro.com Secure Download Area and use the BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip installer to install BPS Pro upgrades if your Host, Server Configuration or something else on your website is blocking the AITpro.com website.

Young Master
    Participant

Or is it because I moved my site to another host thats why I cant update BPS Pro anymore?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I would not know that answer.  Go to BPS Pro Pro-Tools and use the Ping Website tool to ping the AITpro API Server:  api.ait-pro.com.  Let me know the result of the Ping.

Young Master
    Participant

Yes Sir right away.

Young Master
    Participant

These are the results I got after ping

api.ait-pro.com is NOT reachable using fsockopen Port 80.
    Either this website domain does not exist, the website domain is down or your website/Server IP Address: 66.117.15.180 is being blocked by this website domain/Web Host.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your Host is blocking the AITpro.com API Server.  You can either ask them to not block the API Server or whitelist the API Server IP Address:  173.201.92.1.

If they say no then that leaves you with only 1 option:  You will need to download BPS Pro zip files from the AITpro.com Secure Download Area and use the BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip installer to install BPS Pro upgrades.

I can ping your site, but you cannot ping the API Server.  The Ping Website tool needs to state an additional possibility:  your site/Server/Host is blocking the domain/IP address you are trying to ping.

66.117.15.180 is reachable using fsockopen Port 80. Response Time: 160 milliseconds

Young Master
    Participant

I think I will have to send them an e-mail for this one. How should I write this request to them?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can either ask them to not block the API Server or whitelist the API Server IP Address:  173.201.92.1.

Young Master
    Participant

Ok. Let me contact them then I will get back to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.