Upgrade to BPS Pro 5.8

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Upgrade to BPS Pro 5.8

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Young Master
    Participant

I have contacted my web host regarding the issue of your API Server IP address being blocked and this is what the said.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I am sorry that you are having this issue with updating your plugin. I have checked the firewall and the IP address 173.201.92.1 is not blocked. I have tried to ping the IP and the domain name and had a 100% packet loss. This means that the server housing the domain api.ait-pro.com is not returning any packets to us. This translates to the issue being on their side, and we would recommend that you have them check to ensure the server IP for your account is not blocked.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Best Regards,
    Irven K.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is a ping result using the BPS Pro Pro-Tools Ping Website tool from my computer from a XAMPP installation with WordPress installed.

api.ait-pro.com is reachable using fsockopen Port 80. Response Time: 3 milliseconds

What this means then is if your Host is not blocking this IP address and they themselves are not able to ping the AITpro Server then your Host is being blocked somewhere – a routing table/router/relay between your Host/Country and the AITpro API Server in the United States.  What you need to have your Host do is perform a tracert to find out where they are being blocked/banned.  It might also be that my Host Go Daddy is blocking your Host/website IP address.  I will check with Go Daddy to see if they are blocking your Host’s IP Address.

Young Master
    Participant

Thats what I was thinking. I think you should first check with your host first to see if they are blocking my host’s IP address.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, that task has been assigned.  Once that information is available it will be posted here.

Young Master
    Participant

Thank you very much…I will be waiting.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope Go Daddy is not blocking your website or Host.  The only thing left that could be causing the problem is that you have a plugin installed that is blocking the API Server.  That does not explain why your host support had the same problem though. Do you have another security plugin installed like Wordfence?  Wordfence blocks/breaks a few things in BPS Pro.

Young Master
    Participant

Back in the days I was using wordfence but not anymore. Am not using any other security plugins other than BPS Pro.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What is your domain name?  We do not have any logs with IP address:  66.117.15.180 in them.  Typically this just simply means that your website/Server is unable to connect to the AITpro API Server, but we already know that.  I will spoof your domain and connect the API Server.  This will tell me 100% if it has something to do with DNS/your Host or if this is another issue/problem.  I still suspect that your Host is doing this and the support person who checked this is not aware of what your Host is blocking.  They may not be blocking the AITpro API Server directly and instead are blocking standard WordPress communication/connectivity functions using HTTP API and/or also blocking other methods of communication/connectivity using fsockopen.  The most logical explanation is that your Host is doing this at the Server level.  Try contacting your Host again and have them check this again, but this time asking them if they are blocking the standard WordPress HTTP API and/or other communication/connectivity methods like fsockopen.

http://codex.wordpress.org/HTTP_API

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Another possibility could be that you have a problem with DNS.  Use the BPS Pro Pro-Tools DNS Finder tool and check your domain.  Post the results here.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have found your domain name and confirmed that your website/Server is unable to communicate with the AITpro API Server.  The problem is definitely either with your Host or with your website directly.  Please escalate the issue with your Host Support folks and find out why this is or you can always just download zip files and install them when BPS Pro upgrades are available.  Thanks.

Young Master
    Participant

Sorry for my late reply. Before I reply the above posts may I know how u found my domain and confirm that its unable to contact with AITPro API server?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

By looking at old Server logs.  I have custom scripts that can do any magical thing you can imagine.  One of those magical things is to spoof your domain and IP address for testing.  I can test with my custom scripts as if I am you.  These are standard hacker spoofing scripts and tools – we have 1,00’s of them that we research and test with.

NOTE: In order to completely understand how hackers hack websites it is essential that we find/collect hackers scripts and test and research all known hacker scripts in order to create security methods/measures that can block/protect against these hacker scripts.  It is a very simple thing to search for and find hacked websites on the Internet and then download hacker Shell scripts and/or other types of hacking scripts from either victim sites/hacked sites or the source site.

The problem is on your end with your Host – that is 100% not if, not maybe – 100% your end.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.