Nivo Slider – Visual Editor Freeze

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Nivo Slider – Visual Editor Freeze

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    J Garner
    Participant

Hi there,

This may be nothing to do with BPS Pro but just wanted to ask as I’ve lost hours trying differen things, even set-up a dev server to figure it out and nobody from the plugin author side has got back to me (it was bundled with the Dynamik Child theme for the Gensesis framework though so they may not be that motivated).

At the moment I was running fine on a new server and then having de-activated BPS Pro (had to allow a plugin to connect to Facebook and didn’t work otherwise) switching BPS Pro back on I got this dreaded Visual + Text Editor Freeze. The area that holds the content + the tabs above just won’t show.

I know it is the Nivo Slider because I have gone through a) switching each plugin off, testing the editor then switching it back on b) switching them all off and switching them all on again one by one and testing each time. In both cases switching Nivo plugin off lead to me being able to use the editor.

I have declared all the js files in the Firewall and I get the impression although I’m not sure that the plugin is trying to insert some function/code into the tabs above the editor (hence it sometimes works fine if you only use the text editor).

Does anyone have any experience or advice on what could be going on and how to fix it? Not really sure that it has anything to do with BPS as there are no PHP or Security errors when I check just after the visual editor gets blocked. If I deactivate the slider then it works fine and then I have a big whole at the top of the home page!

PS: I’m using the Nivo slider as I wanted a slider that can pull in the last X post thumbnails + titles, captions and is responsive in the way it extends the slider and images to the borders of the #wrap area… Also apart from this issue the code seems quite clean (but then the Javascript stuff is a bit beyond me so who knows…)

Thanks,

John

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

To check and eliminate if BPS Pro is causing an issue/problem do these steps:

1. Check your BPS Pro Security Log for errors.

2. Do the standard BPS Pro Troubleshooting steps

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.