W3 Total Cache Error: Files and directories could not be automatically created to complete the installation

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro W3 Total Cache Error: Files and directories could not be automatically created to complete the installation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE: BPS Pro 13+ and BPS 2.0+ versions have a feature called: Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoWhitelist|AutoSetup|AutoCleanup) that automatically creates plugin and theme whitelist rules and automatically sets up and cleans up caching plugins htaccess code.

FTP credentials don’t allow to write to file /home/xxxxxr/public_html/.htaccess
    W3 Total Cache Error: Files and directories could not be automatically created to complete the installation.

This error means that the W3TC htaccess code in your current root htaccess file (and most likely BPS Custom Code) does not match the W3TC htaccess code that should be in your root htaccess file.

1.  Copy your W3TC cache code to this BPS Custom Code text box (overwrite any existing W3TC htaccess code):  
    IMPORTANT NOTE:  The order of custom code in this Custom Code text box is:  php/php.ini handler code (if your website uses a php/php.ini handler) then W3TC htaccess cache code.
    2.  Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,
    I got sick of installing W3 and I would like to remove it.
    Steps I did to remove it:-
    ARQ turn OFF
    Unlock htaccess and wpconfig
    Deactivate W3 Total Cache
    Delete W3 Total Cache
    htaccess and wpconfig put back to as it is
    Enable ARQ

Then I receive 3 files which had been quarantined. Files from W3TC

/public_html/wp-content/w3tc-config/master.php
    /public_html/wp-content/w3tc-config/master-admin.php
    /public_html/wp-content/w3tc-config/index.html

Should I just delete the 3 files as above? Looking forward for your advise.

Regards,
    Alex Wong

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, you can just delete those files in Quarantine since they are specific to W3TC and not used by anything else.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.