Website inaccessible after plugin update

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Website inaccessible after plugin update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tsmit

Hi there,
    We’ve installed some plugins, but forgot to click the ‘backup’ buttons when turning ARQ cron check on. This caused the website to be inaccessible. Could you inform us about the possible solutions? Our website is a standard WP installation. When we try to access http://www.stadion-mtb.nl/site/wp-login.php the login screen is not shown…
    Regards,
    Tim

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep we have noticed that some plugin file installations that are quarantined will crash the site due to coding dependencies / requirements in the plugin files / plugin coding that will look for certain plugin pages and plugin coding and if they do not exist this will end up crashing your website.  In your particular situation you will need to do step 3 first.  😉  And then once you can login to your site start from Step 1.

Source:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#autorestore-quarantine

If you installed a new Plugin or Theme while ARQ was On or you forgot to click the Backup Files button before turning ARQ back On and this is causing you not be able to log into your site or the Plugin or Theme files continue to be quarantined over and over then follow these steps below to fix this issue.

1. Turn off ARQ
    2. Delete all the files in Quarantine for the plugin or theme you installed using the Quarantine Delete File Option.
    3. Delete the entire plugin folder or theme folder for this plugin or theme using FTP or your Web Host Control panel File Manager
    4. On the AutoRestore page click on the Delete Files button for your wp-content folder to delete all of your backed up wp-content files.
    5. Install the Plugin or Theme again.
    6. Click the 4 Backup Files buttons on the AutoRestore page.
    7. Turn ARQ back On.

If plugin or theme files are still being quarantined again then most likely you will need to Calibrate ARQ to not check these files since they are probably Temp, Cache, images or Backup files. See the ARQ Guide link below for step by step instructions on calibrating ARQ.

ARQ Infinity Guide >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/4204/bulletproof-security-pro/arq-infinity-guide-full-website-autorestore-and-full-website-quarantine/

tsmit

Hi, thank you for the quick response and forgive my ignorance, but how do I turn off ARQ when I am not able to login to the admin panel of my website?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep sorry about that.  I forgot to add this last sentence below in my original reply.  😉

“In your particular situation you will need to do step 3 first.  😉  And then once you can login to your site start from Step 1.”

tsmit

Great stuff! This fixed the problem. I now get a message saying:
    BPS Pro Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security.
    BPS Pro Alert! A valid BPS Pro htaccess file was NOT found in your wp-admin folder
    I’ve read the ‘read me’ information and I’ve activated these both root and wp-admin folder, but the warning message is still there.. any ideas?
    Regards,
    Tim

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Try refreshing your Browser first to see if the alerts go away.  These alerts could be left over from the previous check / last function check.

If the alerts do not go away then something is preventing or breaking BPS Pro .htaccess file creation.  This can be caused by several things, but these 2 things are the most common causes of this type of problem:  other plugins that use the WordPress flush rewrite rules function incorrectly and the cPanel Broken HotLink Protection Tool problem.

Eliminating the possibility of a plugin conflict:

1.  Deactivate all of your plugins except for BPS Pro.
    2.  Activate BulletProof Modes again.
    3.  Refresh your Browser.

If the problem is still occurring at this point then it is not being caused by another plugin using the WordPress flush rewrite rules function incorrectly.

For the cPanel Broken HotLink Protection Tool problem see the troubleshooting steps in the General Troubleshooting Guide here >>>http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also a very important note:  The Lock Root .htaccess file button and F-Lock lock root .htaccess file not only lock the root .htaccess file for protection, but this also protects BPS Pro / your website from plugins that are using the WordPress function – flush_rewrite_rules() incorrectly.  This particular WordPress function is very misunderstood and is used incorrectly in a lot of plugins and of course causes a lot of problems for other plugins that create or write .htaccess code such as BPS, BPS Pro, W3 Total Cache, WP Super Cache, etc etc etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.