Weird redirection rewrite rule

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Weird redirection rewrite rule

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

Hello,

Is there a way to determine:

1) How is the current rewrite rule specifically written for redirection (current rule syntax)?
    2) Exact location (file) of current rewrite rule syntax?

I’m asking this because I can’t change the rewrite rule on the client’s site, even by writing it in the .htaccess file.

P.S. – The client’s site is on the LiteSpeed Enterprise server, but it is not the one that controls the current rewrite rule (which is the completely confusing part). Of course, the client does not know what the previous developers have done.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

htaccess files do not work on Nginx.  So if this is an Nginx server then it will ignore htaccess files.  If this is any other type of server then htaccess files and code will work, but the server must have mod_rewrite Module Loaded.  You can check that on the BPS System Info page.

htaccess files are hierarchical which means if you have an htaccess file in the website installation folder then the installation folder and all subfolders below the installation folder will follow the rules in that htaccess file.

This help forum topic explains redirects and rewriting with examples > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/htaccess-redirect-code-where-do-i-add-redirect-htaccess-code/

If you would like specific code then I would need to know what you are trying to redirect/rewrite. Need the source and destination paths/urls.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

Hello,

1) It is a LiteSpeed Enterprise server and not an NGINX server.

2) In the LiteSpeed Enterprise web console, the mod_rewrite Module is enabled and loaded.

3) Also, the site has the following:
    $ find /var/www/html -name .htaccess
    /var/www/html/.htaccess
    /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/data/.htaccess
    /var/www/html/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_uploads/.htaccess

$ cat /var/www/html/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_uploads/.htaccess
    Deny from all
    $ cat /var/www/html/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_uploads/.htaccess
    Deny from all

4) I can also send htaccess content to a private message.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This htaccess file would be the one that should be handling rewriting > /var/www/html/.htaccess.  You can send this file or code to > info@ait-pro.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.