White Screen of Death – unrelated to BPS Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro White Screen of Death – unrelated to BPS Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    adam tracksler
    Participant

I deleted the content in the PHP log file, and things seemed OK. I am getting an error that the bulletproof modes are not on, so I unlocked all the F lock files, and tried to recreate the htaccess files and put the site back into BP mode. Then the site when all white screen of death.

I changed the name of the plugins folder, and the site came back up, but the admin area is not back up, still WSoD.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your question has been split into a new Topic since it is a different question.

What caused the the BPS Pro alert that BulletProof Modes were not activated?  What was done on your website to cause this?  Did you upgrade plugins, etc.?

You do not need to unlock files.  BPS Pro automatically unlocks and locks .htaccess files as needed when performing all actions within BPS Pro – Activating BulletProof Modes, etc.

This sounds like an AutoRestore issue/problem so I need to know what happened to cause this issue/problem in order to tell you what to do next.

adam tracksler
    Participant

after my most recent BPS upgrade, this alert came up.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

How did you do the upgrade?  Did you upgrade all of your plugins at the same time or did you just upgrade BPS Pro by itself?

adam tracksler
    Participant

upgraded through WP, upgraded all my plugins that way.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also when you see the BPS Alerts during an upgrade this means that you do not need to anything else – Do not need to reactivate BulletProof Modes.  All files are upgraded automatically, unless you have a Server configuration that does not allow this – DSO or non-suPHP Server configuration.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok then that is the problem.  You should never upgrade all of your plugins at the same time and especially NOT BPS Pro at the same time as other WordPress plugins.

BPS Pro is located on the AITpro.com website.

WordPress plugins are located on the wordpress.org website.

You are installing applications/plugins from 2 different Servers at the same time – this will cause all of your plugin files to be sent to Quarantine because as a general rule you should NEVER upgrade all of your plugins at the same time and especially not while upgrading BPS Pro from the AITpro API Server at the same time.

To fix this problem you will need to follow the steps under this troubleshooting help section in the link below:

Issue/Problem:  Using the WordPress Update Plugins button to update all plugins including BPS Pro at the same time.  Causes all plugin files to be sent to Quarantine.  May cause you not to be able to log back into your WP Dashboard or website may display blank.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#ARQ-Troubleshooting

adam tracksler
    Participant

renaming the plugins folder doesnt get me back to the admin area, still WSOD

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you also upgrade WordPress itself or just plugins?  Did you do anything else besides upgrading all plugins at the same time?  Like upgrading Themes too?

adam tracksler
    Participant

deleted autorestore, and still WSOD

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Double check that you are really renaming the plugins folder correctly.  rename the /plugins folder to /plugins-hold and clear your Browser cache.

adam tracksler
    Participant

upgraded WP. Upgraded plugins upgraded BPS site was running fine. 2 days went by deleted PHP error log unlocked files activated htaccess files WSOD

adam tracksler
    Participant

plugins named correctly, wsod in 3 different browsers.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok then this is totally unrelated to whatever the problem is.  The problem I explained above with upgrading all plugin files at the same time would happen immediately NOT 2 days later.

So something happened when you activated BulletProof Modes.  Most likely you have invalid .htaccess code in one of the Custom Code text boxes or somewhere else.  FTP to your website and delete your root .htaccess file.  Let me know if you can log back in at this point.

adam tracksler
    Participant

deleted htaccess, and still no go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.