White Screen of Death – unrelated to BPS Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro White Screen of Death – unrelated to BPS Pro

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Wow amazing.  Ok send me an FTP login to the site so I can check your BPS Pro log files to see exactly what happened.  send email directly to Ed – edward at ait-pro dot com.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Still waiting on the FTP login to this site.  Thanks.

adam tracksler
    Participant

just sent, sorry was out of the office for a bit…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I am not sure why this is occurring, but I noticed something.  When you go to /wp-admin you get a 500 error, but if you go to /wp-login.php you see a normal WordPress login window.  See if you can log into your site using example.com/wp-login.php

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also I wonder if your Host is locking down your login.  A lot of Hosts are doing something like this because of the Worldwide WordPress Brute force login hacking attempts going on right now.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/global-brute-force-attack-on-wordpress-sites/

adam tracksler
    Participant

I can get to the login screen, and log in, when I do, it bumps me to /wp-admin/ and WSOD. I will ask the hosting co if they are locking anything down, but I can get to other clients on the same server…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

One of your plugins is causing this problem.  I am isolating which plugin that is right now.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

this website has multiple problems so I recommend restoring it from backup.  It is also possible that this database is damaged or corrupted.

The easy-contact-forms plugin is causing your site not to display correctly.  I assume there are going to mulitple issues so at this point the smarter move would be to restore the website from backup instead of trying to pick through things for hours.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

These problems do not appear to be related to BPS Pro in any way.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Reply:

This wouldn’t have come from flushing any of the log files would it?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

No, doing anything with log files would not cause a problem. The log files are just simple text files.

I did all the things that completely eliminate BPS Pro from being the cause of the problem and the problem still remained.  I even looked at the possibility of BPS Pro affecting something else in some sort of chain reaction way and that did not occur.  I found 1 isolated problem with the plugin I mentioned.

In any case, there is nothing that BPS Pro could be doing or have done that could be causing the problem that is occurring.  It is just not possible.  Logically since renaming the plugins folder did not work then what I would do next is upload new WordPress Core files and folders.  It may be a WordPress Core file problem.  If after replacing WordPress Core files does not work then that leaves the WordPress database.  You can try to do a database repair, but that usually does not really fix anything.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.