Whitelist Bots – Allow Good Bots To Make a HEAD Request

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Whitelist Bots – Allow Good Bots To Make a HEAD Request

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I don’t think doing a WordPress upgrade would affect BPS plugin DB option settings in your database. So I have no idea how that custom code was deleted from Custom Code/your WP Database.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hm, ok, thanks. I’ll just keep an eye on it from now on!

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hello again,

It has been a while since my colleague’s last reply and I’ve been keeping an eye out for this issue of box 9 “CUSTOM CODE REQUEST METHODS FILTERED” (via BPS Pro > Custom Code > Root htaccess File Custom Code) having all its code stripped at times on all our sites. Since then, I’ve been able to confirm that it is not WordPress core updates that are causing this, but I have noticed it being immediately stripped after any BPS Pro plugin update, on each of our sites. The hosting environment doesn’t seem to matter as we have WordPress sites on SiteGround and GoDaddy dedicated servers and this issue happened to both of them in the same way.

Can you please explain why this is happening? Along with that, can this issue be fixed/prevented?

Thank you!
    Nicolas from Living Miracles

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I was able to reproduce this problem.  It does not occur on a WordPress Standard installation, but it does occur on a WordPress Network|Multisite installation.  Unfortunately, the person who originally posted this forum topic did not mention that the site was a WordPress Network|Multisite site type.  Usually we try to remember to ask that question, but in this case we did not. WordPress Network|Multisite sites are a completely different animal than WordPress Standard site types.

Upgrading BPS Pro on the Network|Multisite > Network Admin Panel > Plugins page strips out the Request Methods code in BPS Pro Root Custom Code text box:  9. CUSTOM CODE REQUEST METHODS FILTERED.  Other BPS Pro Root Custom Code text boxes do not have the custom code stripped out.  This will be fixed in the next BPS Pro version release.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for checking this out so quickly! I did want to mention that one of our sites that is affected by this is a “WordPress Network|Multisite,” however the rest (30+ sites) aren’t and I assume they would fall under the “WordPress Standard” site category.

Is this something you feel could be fixed for “WordPress Standard” sites as well?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I tested both a Standard WordPress site type and a Network|Multisite site type.  The problem did NOT occur on a Standard WordPress site type.  The problem DID occur on a Network|Multisite site type.  I tested this issue again on a different Live WordPress Standard site type and the problem did NOT occur.  So I assume the other 30+ sites you are referring to are subsites of your Network|Multisite site and not separate WordPress single site installations.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Let me do one more test on a different WordPress Standard Single site.  I thought of one other factor that could be involved in the equation.

Update:
    Ok yeah the problem happened in a WordPress Standard single site installation too.  On my first 2 tests I did not downgrade BPS Pro first before upgrading BPS Pro.  What is happening is there is a cleanup rule that is run during the BPS Pro upgrade for an old problem with the Request Methods Filter custom code.  The custom code cleanup rule is fubar. This will be fixed in the next BPS Pro version release.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Amazing! I’m glad you could reproduce the issue on a “WordPress Standard” site as well! This fix will be much appreciated because we have to manually re-add our “# REQUEST METHODS FILTERED” custom code each time we update this plugin.

That being said, I’m just wondering if there is any ETA for the next BPS Pro version release? If it is somewhat soon, we may consider waiting for that update so that we don’t have to deal with the code getting stripped again until then. If it isn’t any time soon, then we’ll probably just go ahead and update all our sites to the current version very soon.

Thank you,

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you wait until tomorrow to upgrade BPS Pro then the fix will be added in the current BPS Pro version:  14.3.  Wait until 10am PST|PDT tomorrow to upgrade to BPS Pro 14.3.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I hope you didn’t upgrade to BPS Pro 14.3 yet.  I forgot that none of the Devs will be back to work until the 26th.  The fix will be added in BPS Pro 14.3 on the 26th by 10 am.  Sorry about that.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for letting me know that it will be added to the current BPS Pro version on the 26th! I haven’t gone ahead yet and updated this plugin, so I’ll wait until then to do so.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A new BPS Pro 14.3 version with the fix for the Request Methods Filtered Custom Code problem has been uploaded to the API server.  You can upgrade to BPS Pro 14.3 now.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thank you for letting me know that the fix for the Request Methods Filtered Custom Code problem was ready in the BPS Pro 14.3 version! I have finished updating all our sites as of this morning and that code wasn’t stripped for any of the sites after the update! So that is amazing and very helpful.

Thank you,

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great! Thanks for confirming the problem is solved.

Sophia Lee
    Participant

Being a tech professional I was also facing this kind of issue. While I was working on an urgent project  I got a message written as malwarebytes slowing down windows 10, and I am not getting it. Can any one let me aware about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.