Whitelist IP Address for WordPress Login page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Whitelist IP Address for WordPress Login page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    crawford252
    Participant

I received this error message on a client’s website when attempting to log in as admin:

” This user account has been locked until….”

I temporarily renamed the plugin folder to gain access to the dashboard. But I would like to whitelist my IP to prevent this from happening again. I’ve read all of the forum topics, watched videos and searched online but I cannot find any simple tutorials on whitelisting a single IP address in BPS. Seems like this should be much more simple than it is.

So far all I can find is “whitelisting can be done in the Custom Code”. But when I go to Custom Code, there are multiple .htaccess files I can edit and each file has multiple text boxes. I can’t imagine I am the only person to experience this issue with WP sites highly targeted by spam bots. A simple “Whitelist IP List” page or text box would be ideal. Thanks in Advance.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A much simpler solution is to use JTC-Lite on your Login page.  JTC-Lite protects your Login page from hackerbots and spambots so that your user account will not get repeatedly locked by brute force login attacks by hackerbots and auto-logins by spambots.  If you do not want to use JTC-Lite then the information to protect your Login page with IP Address protection is here > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/protect-login-page-from-brute-force-login-attacks/.

CAUTION!!!:  Whitelisting only your IP address for your Login page means that only you will be able to register and login to your website.  If you do not have a Static IP address assigned from your ISP then you will need to use either 2 octets or 3 octets of the IP address that your ISP assigns to you.  IP addresses are typically changed by ISP’s anywhere from every 2 days to every 15 days.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.