wp-admin redirect loop

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro wp-admin redirect loop

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    adam tracksler
    Participant

Getting this error when trying to log into wp-admin:

I updated some of the bonus custom code in .htaccess… too many redirects occurred trying to open “mystite.com/wp-admin/”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which is then redirected to open the original page. site is working, I just can’t get into the admin, hoping you could help me out….

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting When you find the problem code in Custom Code post it so that I can see what is wrong with it.

adam tracksler
    Participant

I can’t get into the admin section at all….I’d be happy to send you whats in my .htaccess file, but I can’t get into the admin area at all to automatic or turn BPS on or off….

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep of course.  Forgot to mention that you need to delete your htaccess files first.  Delete your root .htaccess file and wp-admin htaccess file and login.

adam tracksler
    Participant

OK, so if I delete both .htacess files, I can get back in, but ARQ puts them back before I can change the options…Should I completely delete BPS and reinstall it?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder, log in and go to the WordPress Plugins page.  Rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder and then quickly activate, deactivate and activate BPS Pro to turn off AutoRestore.

adam tracksler
    Participant

So no matter what I couldn’t really get it off of the 1 minute loop it was on… and the hatches files kept getting restored, and I was kicked out…. so I end up deleting and re-installing the plugin.. all is well now.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah it is a pain to deal with forcing an ARQ shutoff.  We have a working solution in BPS Pro 10.3 that makes this simple.  It uses the new BPS free jQuery UI Dialog Uninstaller Form code and has an option to just deactivate/turn off ARQ from the WordPress Plugins page.  See this video tutorial for BPS Free to get a general idea of what it will look like/do:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#setup-overview-free

Alex Laxton
    Participant

See if you have kept a backup at every moment then you not need to worry because if you reset that file then also it can be good as well best to solve redirect loop error.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.