wp-content files in autorestore not backing up

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro wp-content files in autorestore not backing up

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    John H

Hi, I am installing BPS Pro on a new site – savourworldcuisine.com – and the wp content files in autorestore not backing up (only the index.php file). The other three categories of files have backed up no problem. I have looked in the autorestore troubleshooting but couldn’t see anything to help. Can you help please?

Thanks,

John

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is most likely because AutoRestore Exclude rules have been created on the Exclude Dynamic Folders – Temp/Cache tab page to exclude plugins and themes folder from being backed up and checked by AutoRestore.  It is recommended that you exclude the plugins folder from being checked by AutoRestore since the Plugin Firewall completely protects the plugins folder.  Excluding the themes folder is a personal preference.  UAEG protects the uploads folder so theme image uploading is protected by UAEG.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-exclude-plugins-folder-and-themes-folder/

John H

Thanks for your prompt reply. I had already excluded plugins and done the three step back up. After your reply I went back and did the three step saving process for the plugins exclusion. However, the problem remains.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

post all of your AutoRestore exclude rules.  What version of BPS Pro do you have installed?  Are there any BPS Pro files in Quarantine?

Do you have any other Security plugins installed that would block file backups from the wp-content folder?  I believe the Sucuri plugin will do this if you are using one-click hardening on the wp-content folder.

John H

Only Wordfence which I also have on my other sites. I have not turned autorestore/quantantine on yet as I have this back up issue.

However, you raise another good point – it is an earlier version of BPS I uploaded from my computer. Maybe I should download the latest version and try again?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There are no known problems with AutoRestore in any versions of BPS Pro, but you should always be using the most current version of BPS Pro of course.  Does Wordfence have the capability or have any features that would block the wp-content folder?  Since the index.php file is being backed up then I assume that all other files would be backed up as well.

Please post your AutoRestore exclude rules.

John H

The update to BPS came through and I updated.

The Autorestore exclude rules. In the Excluded Temp/Cache Folder Path – I have put in plugins (not in italics)

Thanks

John H

I also deactivated Wordfence and attempted the back up – but nothing changed.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok lets see if backup is actually working first.  Remove the AutoRestore plugins exclude rule.  Click all 3 buttons in order after you delete the plugins exclude rule.  After you have done this then click the wp-content Backup Files button.  Let me know if plugin files were backed up successfully.

John H

Great all the files backed up, including plugin files.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok you have confirmed that BPS Pro AutoRestore backup is working so that is not the problem.  Click the wp-content Show Backup Files button.  Do you see that theme files are in backup or only plugin files are listed in backup?

Now click the wp-content Delete Files button to delete the plugin files you just tested to see if backup is actually working.  Go back to the Exclude Dynamic Folders tab page and add the plugins exclude rule back where it was.  Click the 3 buttons in order 1, 2 and 3.  Now go back and click the wp-content Backup Files button and let me know what happens.

John H

Excluded plugins included – back up not working again except now there are three files in wp content backup – class.php, class-BAK.php, index.php

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

AutoRestore Backup is working.  You aleady confirmed that it is working.  Did you see theme files in your backup files or not?  You did not answer my question above???

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What type of Server configuration do you have?  Is it a DSO Server configuration or a non-suPHP configuration?

Please post this information from your BPS Pro System Info page

DNS Name Server: xxxx
    Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    Server API: cgi-fcgi – Your Host Server is using CGI.

John H

DNS Name Server: xxxxxx
    Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    Server API: cgi-fcgi – Your Host Server is using CGI.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.