Dashboard Update/Upgrade Notification not displayed in WP Dashboard

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Dashboard Update/Upgrade Notification not displayed in WP Dashboard

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Craig – BPS Pro 12.6.1 is the most current version.  There are a handful of things we are working on (specific to plugin issues or other non-critical things), but overall there are no major bugs in 12.6.1.  So you want to install the most current version of BPS Pro.

Craig
    Participant

Umm, yeah. Read my post again. When I install 12.6.1 it says it did it successfully, but then the status bar at the top of the page says 12.5 and on the plugin page it says 12.5. I refreshed the page several times and it still says 12.5. Just now I loaded up a different browser so I could avoid any cache issues and it said 12.5. I couldn’t get it to tell me there was an update by refreshing the plugin page. So I did a manual check and it told me there was an update. I was able to install using the normal wordpress update process and now it says 12.6.1. It wouldn’t let me do that before. So I guess it’s updated. One site down; three to go. 🙁

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Craig – Yeah that is odd.  Sounds like a caching problem.  Are you caching your wp-admin backend area?  The wp-admin backend area should not be cached for any reason.

carsafety
    Participant

I have had to use the Manual Upgrade check for some time, as I never see an update indicated for BPS after I receive the email notifications.  I’m on 13.3.1 right now, and the Manual Upgrade check no longer works, no matter how many times I click the Plugins link or manual upgrade button.  I haven’t installed anything new recently.  I have also tried clearing my browser cache and disabling WP Rocket cache.  I also tried Internet Explorer instead of Chrome.  Nothing has worked.

I did just manually download the files and the zip install utility appears to have worked fine to go to 13.3.2, but I thought I’d let you know something was up.  All my other plugins seem to notify and auto update without issue from the plugins menu.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ carsafety – Have you checked all of these things that are known to block communication to our API server and block BPS Pro upgrade notifications > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wp-mu-plugin-update/#post-22887.  Since the BPS Pro plugin is on our API server and not the WordPress API server where all other plugins are then you cannot compare the WordPress API server to our API server since they have different IP addresses and are obviously 2 completely different servers.  The 2 most common things that block our API server and BPS Pro upgrades are:  #1.  Another premium plugin or theme that you have installed that has API server checks/code is breaking the BPS Pro API server upgrade checks/code.  #2. A web host is blocking our API server domain and/or API server IP address.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.