You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mark Colliton
    Participant

ok so I did that which fixed the quarantining of the added non wp folders, but an error started occurring re. a php script hence I decided to completely uninstall BPS by following a complete series of steps in another thread, all of which has gone smoothly until now about a week later when WP does it’s usual thing of logging you out … today I have tried to login again to the dashboard etc but some residual component of BPS is denying me, screen grab here

WordPress Sufficient Permissions Error

even though I’d deleted all BPS files etc etc
    I really hope this is fixable.

Mark

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It appears that you have not deleted all BPS Pro files.  FTP to your website and check the /plugins folder.  If you see any /bulletproof-security plugin folders then delete them.

Typically you would not need to uninstall/reinstall BPS to troubleshoot issues or problems and would instead use these troubleshooting steps in the link below.  You can literally turn everything Off in BPS Pro and still have BPS Pro installed since BPS Pro has built-in advanced troubleshooting capability, features and tools.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Another approach instead of completely removing BPS Pro would be to reinstall BPS Pro and then turn everything Off / deactivate all features or activate only the BPS Pro features that you want to use.  Or troubleshoot the individual feature that is causing the issue with your php script or turn off the BPS Pro feature that is causing the issue with your php script if you do not want to troubleshoot it.

The BPS Pro Security / HTTP Error Log will log issues, conflicts and problems and also blocked hacking attempts.  The BPS Pro Security / HTTP Error Log is ideal for troubleshooting conflicts, issues or problems.  It will tell you what issue or problem is occurring and why it is occurring so that a simple solution can be created – typically a skip/bypass rule or a whitelist rule.  You can post a Security Log error in this Forum and we will provide the simple solution for any issues, conflicts or problems.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/security-log-http-error-log-read-me-first/

Mark Colliton
    Participant

as far as I can see there are no bps folders remaining , here’s a screen grab – dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6072420/misc/ftp_bps.jpg

As I can’t login in to the wp admin then I can’t reinstall & troubleshoot etc as suggested.  Could there be a database entry that I can remove or a file elsewhere in the wp directory ?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I just thought of something obvious.  Delete your Browser Cache.  If you have a caching plugin then manually delete that plugin cache via FTP.

Next try renaming the entire /plugins folder to /plugins-hold and see if you can login.

BPS Pro creates database tables and options that are specifically for BPS Pro use and they do not hook into WordPress itself as far as overall WordPress Dashboard functionality goes.  In other words, if BPS Pro files does not exist then the BPS Pro database tables and options would have no effect or do anything whatsoever.

Mark Colliton
    Participant

Yes that worked, thank you for all your help on this.

hcri50
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant existing Topic]

I am getting a message that says, You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.
    It got sent last night. I got a message saying that the files got transferred to the Quarantine, so I tried to login and that is what the message that says “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

Can you please tell me how I can login

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Delete your Browser cache first and see if that works.  You mentioned in a previous Topic that you had a really old version of BPS Pro installed.  There was a bug many versions ago in BPS Pro that could cause this type of problem.  That bug was corrected many versions ago.

FTP to your website and delete the old /bulletproof-security plugin folder.  Can you login to your website now?

hcri50
    Participant

I used a different browser and I deleted the plugin. and i am still having the same problem
    ;-(

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, I didn’t expect that to work in your case, but it was worth a try.  Use FTP and download this file:  /wp-content/bps-backup/logs/autorestore_log.txt and send it to info at ait-pro dot com so that I can tell you what you are going to need to do.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.