AutoRestore Exclude paths should not contain wp-content in the exclude path

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro AutoRestore Exclude paths should not contain wp-content in the exclude path

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    James Burden
    Participant

You can login to familyimpact.org. I’ve just re-sent you login details for an admin account to that site. Let me know if it doesn’t come through.

If it helps, I’ve just found this on WPEngine’s blog (http://wpengine.com/support/file-permissions/):

Working with your directories via SFTP (and some other operations related to installing plugins or themes) can cause your file permissions to get changed. These changes can lead to errors and make it so that you can not make changes to files within your wp-admin) can cause your file permissions to get changed.

The post then goes on to say to click on the Reset File Permissions button within the WPEngine plugin (this is a global reset permissions operation – no options for individual files or folders). Now I’d already clicked on that button, but maybe I did it out of sequence with the other changes that we made earlier. And of course, later on I went into the directories via SFTP which according to the blog post will have messed around with the file/folder permissions again. I’d then clicked on it again in desperation just before I went through the pre-installation wizard and setup wizard for the most recent time. So the sequence matters.

So I guess it could be something in the BPSPro setup that inadvertently causes a change in some of the permission attributes. Or maybe it’s that I was accessing the directories via SFTP that caused the change in permissions.

Thanks again for all your time and effort.

James

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Its been about 45 minutes and I did not receive the login to the site.  Can you resend it?  Thanks.

James Burden
    Participant

Strange. I’ve deleted the old one now and just resent new account details.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Got it.  Will take me about 10 minutes to gather the info I need and will let you know when I am done.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok logged out of the site now.  Either delete this user account or change it from Admin to Subscriber.  Thanks.

James Burden
    Participant

Done. Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.