Array Offset errors ?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Array Offset errors ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Cloud9
    Participant

Ok, all was working fine, then I forgot to disable auto update of WordPress so last night it updated to 5.5, that broke my website, I did a cpanel restore from a month back and now its back working BUT I have the following errors in wp-admin and in the website

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php</b> on line <b>77</b>

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php</b> on line <b>146</b>

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/firewall-autopilot.php</b> on line <b>429</b>

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/includes/admin.php</b> on line <b>636</b>

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/includes/admin.php</b> on line <b>1019</b>

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/includes/admin.php</b> on line <b>1023</b>
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster
    Cloud9
    Participant

I cant get to the admin screen to look at BPS

Now have this – all to do with an auto upgrade to 5.5 (wp)

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php</b> on line <b>77</b>

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php</b> on line <b>146</b>

<b>Warning</b>: require(/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-includes/block-patterns/text-two-columns.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-includes/block-patterns.php</b> on line <b>37</b>

<b>Fatal error</b>: require(): Failed opening required '/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-includes/block-patterns/text-two-columns.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear') in <b>/home/arunelec/public_html/wp-includes/block-patterns.php</b> on line <b>37</b>

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Sorry about that.  Either I completely missed your initial description of the problem or maybe you updated/edited your forum topic reply after I had already responded.  The solution for this problem is in this forum topic > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/website-not-loading-after-wordpress-upgrade-or-theme-upgrade-500-error-files-quarantined/ Let me know if you run into any problems with the steps to fix this problem and I’d be glad to take care of this problem for you.

Cloud9
    Participant

Thanks

Followed your guide

Got to 5. Just a white page for wp-admin. and no errors so no further

Cloud9
    Participant

I tell a lie !!! after an age of a white page hanging – I get to wp-admin BUT. point 5 there is no Green Link or anything regarding autorestore

All I have in there is

The plugin bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

Cloud9
    Participant

PS it does exist but I renamed it with an _ as per the instructions and its not till. point 6 I need to remove the _

However I’m at step 5…..

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, sounds like something is causing latency problems on either your host server or something else you have installed or maybe a php memory or config problem, which is what caused the original problem with AutoRestore failing.

Ok at this point send a WordPress Administrator login to your website and an FTP login to your hosting account and I’ll fix this issue/problem.  Send the login credentials to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

I thought of a good way to solve this type of problem permanently, which is to create a new option that will allow people to choose to Not have AutoRestore automatically turned back on during WP upgrades.  This option will require that people login to their site and rerun the Setup Wizard.  I’ve looked at ways to automate this in cases where latency causes ARQ to fail and the problem is that in order for ARQ to function correctly it requires that the ARQ code is being processed in a reasonable amount of time. It is a catch-22 situation that unfortunately cannot be automated in any way that I can think of at this point since the latency problem itself causes ARQ to fail.  😉

Cloud9
    Participant

Emailed details

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Severe latency problems is an understatement.  Your website has serious problems.  It is nearly impossible to make any progress troubleshooting this problem because simply navigating your wp-admin internal pages takes forever. I believe the problem is that your PHP server build/installation is fubar.  That is the first thing to eliminate.  Luckily that is a very simple and quick thing to do.  You would login to your web host control panel and change your PHP server version to do a different PHP server version.  You are currently using PHP 7.4.9.  So you would want to switch to a lower PHP server version.

So basically at this point the root problem has to be found and corrected.  If switching your PHP server version does not work then you will need to contact your web host support folks and have them look at the host server itself for problems.  Trying to work from within your website is probably just going to be a complete waste of time and it is extremely difficult to make any progress at all.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh and BPS Pro is “working”, but “working” very poorly.  I did a WP upgrade re-installation that took literally 2 minutes or maybe even more time to complete and the BPS Pro ARQ Failsafe kicked in to prevent the same problem.  So this problem is way bigger than something installed on your site and is either the PHP server build/installation or some other problem with your particular host server.

Cloud9
    Participant

Switched to php 7.3

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I logged back into your site and there is a very slight improvement, but nowhere near where your website should be performing.  I’m going to suffer through eliminating a plugin or theme problem, but I’m leaning towards either a host server problem or maybe database damage.  A relatively quick way to eliminate your host server is to install a new WordPress test website and see how it performs.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well I’ll be it is a plugin problem.  Now to isolate the demon plugin.  LOL

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh well, deactivating all plugins did get your website performance close to where it should be, but yeah I’m seeing deeper problems.  Switch back to PHP 7.4.9 and let’s see if that makes any difference.  I’m back to my original guesses – either a host server problem or database damage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.